Activists: Food Revolution Community GroupsMon 26 Dec 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Since launching our Food Revolution activist groups back in March, we have been amazed to see how many people have stepped up across the country to lead the revolution in their own communities.
We now have 616 groups in every state across America, accounting for over 17,000 people!
While some of these groups are still finding their feet and recruiting members, others have already taken their revolutions offline! We are continually amazed by everything that these groups are doing, and so thankful for all their hard work and commitment.
From Tampa, FL to Snohomish County, WA, and Thousand Oaks, CA to West Salem, Wisconsin, revolutions are popping up in communities across the country!
Our activist groups have a number of different focuses, from starting community cooking classes, setting up both school and community gardens, tackling school food and flavored milk or even educating pre-school kids on food and nutrition. These groups are the ones making real change within their local area.
If you havenít already found a local group then be sure to search our activist map for one now, these groups are your spaces to connect with one like minded people and help create change in your community!
If you are part of a group, and you havenít already, then now is the time to start talking about 2012!
What do you want to achieve and what do you want to see change? Whatever your focus is, now is the
time to get your goals in place and get your group up and running! Find some more ways to mobilize your Food Revolution group here.
As some of these groups have shown, when we get together as a community, we can ruffle feathers and make noise! The more people we connect with the more people we will find who share our thoughts and help us make change.
Check out some of the amazing things these groups have done here (link to groups of the week update), and keep an eye out in 2012 when weíll have much more news and content for you!
We want to say a massive thank you to all our groups for taking the Food Revolution into your local
community! We canít wait to see all the activities that are to come next year.
The Food Revolution Team
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- Marchís Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics Ė Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill