Activists: Food Revolution Community GroupsMon 26 Dec 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Since launching our Food Revolution activist groups back in March, we have been amazed to see how many people have stepped up across the country to lead the revolution in their own communities.
We now have 616 groups in every state across America, accounting for over 17,000 people!
While some of these groups are still finding their feet and recruiting members, others have already taken their revolutions offline! We are continually amazed by everything that these groups are doing, and so thankful for all their hard work and commitment.
From Tampa, FL to Snohomish County, WA, and Thousand Oaks, CA to West Salem, Wisconsin, revolutions are popping up in communities across the country!
Our activist groups have a number of different focuses, from starting community cooking classes, setting up both school and community gardens, tackling school food and flavored milk or even educating pre-school kids on food and nutrition. These groups are the ones making real change within their local area.
If you haven’t already found a local group then be sure to search our activist map for one now, these groups are your spaces to connect with one like minded people and help create change in your community!
If you are part of a group, and you haven’t already, then now is the time to start talking about 2012!
What do you want to achieve and what do you want to see change? Whatever your focus is, now is the
time to get your goals in place and get your group up and running! Find some more ways to mobilize your Food Revolution group here.
As some of these groups have shown, when we get together as a community, we can ruffle feathers and make noise! The more people we connect with the more people we will find who share our thoughts and help us make change.
Check out some of the amazing things these groups have done here (link to groups of the week update), and keep an eye out in 2012 when we’ll have much more news and content for you!
We want to say a massive thank you to all our groups for taking the Food Revolution into your local
community! We can’t wait to see all the activities that are to come next year.
The Food Revolution Team
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!