Activists: Food Revolution Community GroupsMon 26 Dec 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Since launching our Food Revolution activist groups back in March, we have been amazed to see how many people have stepped up across the country to lead the revolution in their own communities.
We now have 616 groups in every state across America, accounting for over 17,000 people!
While some of these groups are still finding their feet and recruiting members, others have already taken their revolutions offline! We are continually amazed by everything that these groups are doing, and so thankful for all their hard work and commitment.
From Tampa, FL to Snohomish County, WA, and Thousand Oaks, CA to West Salem, Wisconsin, revolutions are popping up in communities across the country!
Our activist groups have a number of different focuses, from starting community cooking classes, setting up both school and community gardens, tackling school food and flavored milk or even educating pre-school kids on food and nutrition. These groups are the ones making real change within their local area.
If you haven’t already found a local group then be sure to search our activist map for one now, these groups are your spaces to connect with one like minded people and help create change in your community!
If you are part of a group, and you haven’t already, then now is the time to start talking about 2012!
What do you want to achieve and what do you want to see change? Whatever your focus is, now is the
time to get your goals in place and get your group up and running! Find some more ways to mobilize your Food Revolution group here.
As some of these groups have shown, when we get together as a community, we can ruffle feathers and make noise! The more people we connect with the more people we will find who share our thoughts and help us make change.
Check out some of the amazing things these groups have done here (link to groups of the week update), and keep an eye out in 2012 when we’ll have much more news and content for you!
We want to say a massive thank you to all our groups for taking the Food Revolution into your local
community! We can’t wait to see all the activities that are to come next year.
The Food Revolution Team
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Lady Cakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs
- Yummy Supper: A Vehicle Of Deliciousness
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges