Ambassadors Kick-Off 6 Month CountdownWed 24 Oct 2012
Story by Sarah Curl
Getting Ready For Food Revolution Day 2013!
Our amazing team of Ambassadors work hard everyday to make change in their communities and promote real food, food policy and food education.
This month was no different. We decided there was no better group than our Ambassadors to receive the official date of Food Revolution Day 2013 before anyone else.
Kicking off on October 1st, we sent all 318 voluntary Ambassadors the official date and told them to spread, share and shout out the exciting news as the 6 month countdown begins. They were the first ones to receive it and they told friends, family, volunteers, sponsors, bloggers, newspapers, schools and many more in each of the 56 countries they work in.
If you don’t know already, FOOD REVOLUTION DAY is happening on MAY 17, 2013!
Ambassadors not only announced the date of Food Revolution Day but they put a spotlight on real food by implementing the ‘30 tips to start a Food Revolution in the workplace’ eBook and used the first of our school food toolkits ‘Get the Facts’ to create change in their children’s school cafeterias.
Ambassadors are already underway in their planning for Food Revolution Day 2013, which means this will be our biggest year yet.
Check out a few articles that were written by our very own Ambassadors announcing Food Revolution Day 2013 to their communities:
• Ambassador Brandi Thompson from Boca Raton, Florida
• Ambassador Amy Wambold from Scottsdale, Arizona
• Ambassador Danielle Malmquist from Manteno, Illinois
• Ambassador Sharon Badian from Boulder, Colorado
• Ambassador Ann Glenn from Scottsdale, Arizona
• Ambassador Ange Randrianasolo from London, UK
A big thank you to all the Ambassadors who participated in October’s Monthly Challenges and for helping us make Food Revolution Day 2013 bigger than ever!
We’ll be announcing November’s Monthly Challenges next week on November 1st so stay tuned to find out what they are and how you can get involved!
Interested in becoming an Ambassador to help kick start a Food Revolution in your community? Apply today!
About the author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival