Ambassadors Kick-Off 6 Month CountdownWed 24 Oct 2012
Story by Sarah Curl
Getting Ready For Food Revolution Day 2013!
Our amazing team of Ambassadors work hard everyday to make change in their communities and promote real food, food policy and food education.
This month was no different. We decided there was no better group than our Ambassadors to receive the official date of Food Revolution Day 2013 before anyone else.
Kicking off on October 1st, we sent all 318 voluntary Ambassadors the official date and told them to spread, share and shout out the exciting news as the 6 month countdown begins. They were the first ones to receive it and they told friends, family, volunteers, sponsors, bloggers, newspapers, schools and many more in each of the 56 countries they work in.
If you don’t know already, FOOD REVOLUTION DAY is happening on MAY 17, 2013!
Ambassadors not only announced the date of Food Revolution Day but they put a spotlight on real food by implementing the ‘30 tips to start a Food Revolution in the workplace’ eBook and used the first of our school food toolkits ‘Get the Facts’ to create change in their children’s school cafeterias.
Ambassadors are already underway in their planning for Food Revolution Day 2013, which means this will be our biggest year yet.
Check out a few articles that were written by our very own Ambassadors announcing Food Revolution Day 2013 to their communities:
• Ambassador Brandi Thompson from Boca Raton, Florida
• Ambassador Amy Wambold from Scottsdale, Arizona
• Ambassador Danielle Malmquist from Manteno, Illinois
• Ambassador Sharon Badian from Boulder, Colorado
• Ambassador Ann Glenn from Scottsdale, Arizona
• Ambassador Ange Randrianasolo from London, UK
A big thank you to all the Ambassadors who participated in October’s Monthly Challenges and for helping us make Food Revolution Day 2013 bigger than ever!
We’ll be announcing November’s Monthly Challenges next week on November 1st so stay tuned to find out what they are and how you can get involved!
Interested in becoming an Ambassador to help kick start a Food Revolution in your community? Apply today!
About the author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
- Students Cook For The Homeless On Food Revolution Day
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home