Ambassadors Kick-Off 6 Month CountdownWed 24 Oct 2012
Story by Sarah Curl
Getting Ready For Food Revolution Day 2013!
Our amazing team of Ambassadors work hard everyday to make change in their communities and promote real food, food policy and food education.
This month was no different. We decided there was no better group than our Ambassadors to receive the official date of Food Revolution Day 2013 before anyone else.
Kicking off on October 1st, we sent all 318 voluntary Ambassadors the official date and told them to spread, share and shout out the exciting news as the 6 month countdown begins. They were the first ones to receive it and they told friends, family, volunteers, sponsors, bloggers, newspapers, schools and many more in each of the 56 countries they work in.
If you don’t know already, FOOD REVOLUTION DAY is happening on MAY 17, 2013!
Ambassadors not only announced the date of Food Revolution Day but they put a spotlight on real food by implementing the ‘30 tips to start a Food Revolution in the workplace’ eBook and used the first of our school food toolkits ‘Get the Facts’ to create change in their children’s school cafeterias.
Ambassadors are already underway in their planning for Food Revolution Day 2013, which means this will be our biggest year yet.
Check out a few articles that were written by our very own Ambassadors announcing Food Revolution Day 2013 to their communities:
• Ambassador Brandi Thompson from Boca Raton, Florida
• Ambassador Amy Wambold from Scottsdale, Arizona
• Ambassador Danielle Malmquist from Manteno, Illinois
• Ambassador Sharon Badian from Boulder, Colorado
• Ambassador Ann Glenn from Scottsdale, Arizona
• Ambassador Ange Randrianasolo from London, UK
A big thank you to all the Ambassadors who participated in October’s Monthly Challenges and for helping us make Food Revolution Day 2013 bigger than ever!
We’ll be announcing November’s Monthly Challenges next week on November 1st so stay tuned to find out what they are and how you can get involved!
Interested in becoming an Ambassador to help kick start a Food Revolution in your community? Apply today!
About the author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
- August Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day