Announcing Decemberís Monthly ChallengesMon 03 Dec 2012
Story by Sarah Curl
I canít believe itís already December, this year has flown by! We know how busy the holidays get so we want this monthís Monthly Challenges to be fun, easy and work with what you are already doing.
There are a bunch of challenges this month and I think every Ambassador will find a few that they love. Remember to have fun and have a happy December!
Decemberís Challenge #1:
Create your own Monthly Challenge!
This month we wanted to give you the option to create your own challenge. We are in our 5th month of Monthly Challenges and we think who better than Ambassadors to create one that works with their own real food initiatives that they are working on. Remember to get creative and of course share with us what you end up doing. It just might become a Monthly Challenge next year, you never know!
Decemberís Challenge #2
Download the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant, and make your holiday shopping count even more this year. By simply downloading our Giving Assistant you can raise funds for hands-on food education programs as you shop your holiday list online!
All you need to do is download our free fundraising tool, and as you shop on hundreds of partner websites, a portion of your purchase is donated to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation. The online retailers provide the fund so it will never cost you a penny!
Check out what Health & Wellness Coach, Brook Sorgen has to say about the Giving Assistant. Just a hint, sheís a huge fan!
It couldn't be simpler to donate using the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant. As a health coach, I was inspired by Jamie's mission to teach children and families about simple healthy food and cooking. As an office administrator, I was overjoyed to find that I could help support Jamie's mission while placing weekly orders that I would place anyway for my officemates (through Amazon.com and Office Depot). What could be easier? Thank you so much for providing this opportunity to join forces with Jamie Oliver. I love knowing that I'm making a difference.
Decemberís Challenge #3
Take our end of year bumper challenge, either do these 7 challenges in one week, or spread them out over the course of the month.
1. Teach your kids to make our Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies
2. Make a meal with your family and eat all together at the table (why not try doing this every day!)
3. Go to your farmers market
4. Make something completely NEW
5. Find out what is in season near you and cook with it
6. Share a festive real food recipe with your colleagues
7. Get planning and preparing ahead for holiday cooking, and share your top tips with us
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that will inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced through a blog post, email, Facebook and Twitter. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us Ė we could be highlighting what youíve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next monthís challenges?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
Happy holidays from the Food Revolution Team!
About the author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- Decemberís Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Miraís Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, ďWhole Foods Ė The Store?Ē
- Hong Kongís Food Education Program Ė Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- Novemberís Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!