Announcing Septemberís Monthly ChallengesTue 04 Sep 2012
Story by Sarah Curl
Following a jam-packed month here at the Food Revolution HQ, we are excited to announce Septemberís Monthly Challenges for our voluntary Food Revolution ambassadors!
Last month we kicked off our ambassador program with our first ever monthly challenges asking our amazing Food Revolution volunteers to connect with local producers and vendors, host a real food potluck and support better food education by downloading our free online fundraising tool Ė the Food Revolution Giving Assistant.
We had such a successful first month of challenges, with countries all over the world, including Kenya, Singapore, UAE, Canada, Uruguay, US, Slovakia and many more all participating that canít wait to see what our Ambassadors get up to this month!
As summer comes to an end and school starts up again, we want to embrace the idea of reaching out to your community. Finding new and exciting ways to engage your community is what the Monthly Challenges are all about.
So go out there, have some fun and please donít forget to tell us how it goes! Remember, when tweeting stories and photos from Septemberís Monthly Challenges, make sure to use the hash tag #monthlychallenges.
3 Challenges For September:
1. Host a tour of your local grocery store and get ingredients for this monthís recipe Ė our simple and delicious Basic Pizza. Teach someone the tools and tricks to smart grocery shopping. Check out this fun 'How to Find Real Food at the Supermarket' infographic from Darya Pinoís Summer Tomato blog to get you inspired.
2. Connect with 2 other people in your community to help build the Food Revolution movement. Start the conversation with your friends, family, co-workers or strangers on the street! Find out what their interests are, why they care about the real food movement and how you can work together to start connecting the dots for change in your local community.
3. Teach yourself or someone new to grow seasonal herbs. Donít worry if you donít have a backyard or a garden. You can grow a windowsill herb garden. Not only is growing your own herbs great fun and a brilliant way to start learning about growing your own food, but itís also much cheaper than buying pre-packaged herbs at the supermarket.
What Are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that will inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced through a blog post, email, Facebook and Twitter. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us Ė we could be highlighting what youíve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next monthís challenges?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
Yorkshire Asparagus: Ambassador Claire O'Meara from Skelmanthorpe, West Yorkshire, UK
Tomato Salad: Ambassador Stephanie Rock Nelson from Cincinnati, Ohio, US
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs Ė Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases Ė A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- Julyís Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: SŠndor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- Juneís Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!