Aprilís Monthly ChallengesThu 03 Apr 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
We're now just 6 weeks away from Food Revolution Day (FRD) and we're excited to let you know that the website has now launched! Visit www.foodrevolutionday.com to check out the new look and feel, get resources, recipes and downloads and register your plans for the day.
If you donít already have plans for May 16, donít worry there is still plenty of time to get involved, whether hosting a cooking event at work, school, in the home or in the community, cooking with kids using FRD kid-friendly recipes available online for inspiration or sharing healthy recipes with family and friends. Whatever you do, be sure to make some noise about Food Revolution Day, both online and offline!
You can follow the Food Revolution on Twitter , Facebook, Instagram and Google+ . Join the conversation online and share your ideas, plans, and inspirations using #FRD2014.
April's Monthly Challenges
Challenge 1: Visit www.foodrevolutionday.com, register your plans for the day, download resources and share the website on your social media channels!
Challenge 2: Send us your FRD2014 videos! We want to see your short videos (preferably less then 15 seconds), either shouting about the day, e.g. "I support Food Revolution Day", "Letís get kids excited about food!" or short videos of you cooking with your kids or sharing your favorite foods!
Challenge 3: Our recipe of the month is our Brilliant Broccoli! Share your brilliant broccoli and favorite green veggie recipes and photos with us.
*Bumper Challenge* Let us know what food issues are affecting your community. We want to know the issues that impact and inspire you so we can share with Jamie and our global community!
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us Ė we could be highlighting what youíve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next monthís challenges?
Let us know at email@example.com.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Images: taken from Marchís Monthly Challenges - Ambassadors Terri Salminen, Debbie Thorpe, Alix Paloma, Jackie Rebideau, Sharon Matthews
- Berkeleyís Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council