August Monthly ChallengesFri 01 Aug 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
As we head into August and the last of the summer holidays we want you to get cooking with your kids and enjoying time together outside (don’t worry if it is not summer with you now, these challenges still apply!).
Last month’s challenges went down and storm and we’ve got lots of great content we’ll be sharing with you over the coming weeks. In the meantime, check out this month’s challenges below, happy cooking!
Augusts Monthly Challenges
1.) Outdoor dining! If the sun is out with you then chances are that means barbecues, sandwiches, colourful salads and fruity drinks. We want to dig into your alfresco dining world so share your favourite recipes and moments, whether a trip to pick your own fruits for a summer pudding (homemade lollies anyone?) or a BBQ at home with the family! Be inspired by this blog on outdoor cooking for the whole family and other outdoor dining features on jamieoliver.com.
2.) Get your kids (or family, or friends) together and teach them how to make our yogurt pops! These lollies are a great alternative to shop bought ones, will satisfy anyone with a sweet tooth whether it is hot outside or not, and are great fun to make. Try out some different flavours and let us know your favourites – don’t forget to share your photos and any recipe amendments with us!
3.) Share with us your top tip for food education. What one skill or piece of advice would you teach to/share with others?
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us – we could be highlighting what you’ve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next month’s challenges?
Let us know at email@example.com.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Images: Ambassadors Alex Hodkinson-last, Annika Wardale, Christina Erickson, Sandra Davis Marshall, Julie Cockburn, Susan Ng
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs