Big Love, Big Thanks!Mon 20 May 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
A massive thank you to everyone that joined us for the second annual Food Revolution Day, helping to keep cooking skills alive!
You moved mountains this Food Revolution Day and we are so inspired by everyone around the world that joined us and dedicated themselves to our 2013 goals to keep cooking skills alive, improve food knowledge and share it around the globe.
Cook It. Share It. Live It.
As we’re wrapping up everything that happened on the day, in the lead up and over the weekend, we already know that there were over 1,260 activities in homes, schools, workplaces and communities across 70+ countries!
The demand for good, real food and better food education is now firmly front and centre following a day of food celebration in communities across the planet.
From the Netherlands to Taipei, from Argentina to America and across the U.K., U.S., and Australia, Jamie and the Food Revolution Day team send a massive THANK YOU to our Food Revolution Ambassadors, the moms and dads, the shop owners and cooks, the leaders and thinkers, the teachers and students, the farmers and the chefs who worked tirelessly to push the Food Revolution Day message forward. You took our message, Cook It. Live It. Share It. to the world, and for that, we shout out our loud and humble thanks.
Through your blogs, videos and recipes, and outstanding support on the social media you helped make our call for good food and essential cooking skills heard loud and clear!
#FRD2013 was trending on twitter for most of the day, 1,564 supporters created a boomer with our Thunderclap which reached of 5,958,200 people around the globe, and hundreds tuned into watch our live Google+ Hangout with Jamie and food revolutionaries reporting on this hugely successful Food Revolution Day.
We’ll be sharing more updates, highlights and stories in the coming days and weeks so stay tuned. In the meantime, check out our Food Revolution Day 2013 pinterest board with just some of the amazing photos from activities across the world - they just might inspire you for Food Revolution Day 2014!
If you have photos, videos and stories to share, then send them to us at FRD@jamieoliver.com.
Thank you, thank you for getting us cooking, learning, eating, sharing and celebrating food with your awe inspiring efforts.
The Food Revolution Day Team
Photos: Ambassadors Beatrice Chan (Hong Kong) and Sharon Badian (Boulder, CO), Wellness in the Schools (NY).
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table