Big Rig Teaching Kitchen Tour 2013 – 2014Mon 02 Sep 2013
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) is partnering with the California Endowment to educate and improve health with a “Big Rig Teaching Kitchen” Tour.
With a mission to improve health and spread food education, we have partnered with The California Endowment to bring free classes and food education aboard our "Big Rig Mobile Kitchen Classroom" to underserved communities from San Diego to Sacramento.
The Big Rig tour will inspire local cooks of all ages to eat well through free teacher training, basic home cooking classes, and take-home recipes which will be given aboard the food truck.
Sept 5-8: Madera District Fair
Sept 13-15: Los Angeles County Fair
Sept 20-22: Kern County Fair (Bakersfield)
Oct 10-13: The Big Fresno Fair
Oct 17-Nov 8: Fresno Learning to Cook classes
Nov 21-23: Bakersfield Learning to Cook classes
Dec 3-21: Bakersfield Learning to Cook classes
Jan 22-Feb 14: Sacramento Learning to Cook classes
Mar 1-Mar 21: Merced Learning to Cook classes
Apr 8-Apr 26: Los Angeles Learning to Cook classes
May 13- May 31: San Diego Learning to Cook classes
At each stop, the Big Rig will offer food education courses led by community chefs and ambassadors who will continue to be Food Champions after the truck departs.
Find out more about the Big Rig Teaching Kitchen Tour at www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/BigRig
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Photograph: David Loftus
© Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions