Big Rig Teaching Kitchen Tour 2013 – 2014Mon 02 Sep 2013
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) is partnering with the California Endowment to educate and improve health with a “Big Rig Teaching Kitchen” Tour.
With a mission to improve health and spread food education, we have partnered with The California Endowment to bring free classes and food education aboard our "Big Rig Mobile Kitchen Classroom" to underserved communities from San Diego to Sacramento.
The Big Rig tour will inspire local cooks of all ages to eat well through free teacher training, basic home cooking classes, and take-home recipes which will be given aboard the food truck.
Sept 5-8: Madera District Fair
Sept 13-15: Los Angeles County Fair
Sept 20-22: Kern County Fair (Bakersfield)
Oct 10-13: The Big Fresno Fair
Oct 17-Nov 8: Fresno Learning to Cook classes
Nov 21-23: Bakersfield Learning to Cook classes
Dec 3-21: Bakersfield Learning to Cook classes
Jan 22-Feb 14: Sacramento Learning to Cook classes
Mar 1-Mar 21: Merced Learning to Cook classes
Apr 8-Apr 26: Los Angeles Learning to Cook classes
May 13- May 31: San Diego Learning to Cook classes
At each stop, the Big Rig will offer food education courses led by community chefs and ambassadors who will continue to be Food Champions after the truck departs.
Find out more about the Big Rig Teaching Kitchen Tour at www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/BigRig
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Photograph: David Loftus
© Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine