Big Rig Teaching Kitchen Tour 2013 – 2014Mon 02 Sep 2013
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) is partnering with the California Endowment to educate and improve health with a “Big Rig Teaching Kitchen” Tour.
With a mission to improve health and spread food education, we have partnered with The California Endowment to bring free classes and food education aboard our "Big Rig Mobile Kitchen Classroom" to underserved communities from San Diego to Sacramento.
The Big Rig tour will inspire local cooks of all ages to eat well through free teacher training, basic home cooking classes, and take-home recipes which will be given aboard the food truck.
Sept 5-8: Madera District Fair
Sept 13-15: Los Angeles County Fair
Sept 20-22: Kern County Fair (Bakersfield)
Oct 10-13: The Big Fresno Fair
Oct 17-Nov 8: Fresno Learning to Cook classes
Nov 21-23: Bakersfield Learning to Cook classes
Dec 3-21: Bakersfield Learning to Cook classes
Jan 22-Feb 14: Sacramento Learning to Cook classes
Mar 1-Mar 21: Merced Learning to Cook classes
Apr 8-Apr 26: Los Angeles Learning to Cook classes
May 13- May 31: San Diego Learning to Cook classes
At each stop, the Big Rig will offer food education courses led by community chefs and ambassadors who will continue to be Food Champions after the truck departs.
Find out more about the Big Rig Teaching Kitchen Tour at www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/BigRig
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Photograph: David Loftus
© Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs