Big Rig Teaching Kitchen Tour 2013 – 2014Mon 02 Sep 2013
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) is partnering with the California Endowment to educate and improve health with a “Big Rig Teaching Kitchen” Tour.
With a mission to improve health and spread food education, we have partnered with The California Endowment to bring free classes and food education aboard our "Big Rig Mobile Kitchen Classroom" to underserved communities from San Diego to Sacramento.
The Big Rig tour will inspire local cooks of all ages to eat well through free teacher training, basic home cooking classes, and take-home recipes which will be given aboard the food truck.
Sept 5-8: Madera District Fair
Sept 13-15: Los Angeles County Fair
Sept 20-22: Kern County Fair (Bakersfield)
Oct 10-13: The Big Fresno Fair
Oct 17-Nov 8: Fresno Learning to Cook classes
Nov 21-23: Bakersfield Learning to Cook classes
Dec 3-21: Bakersfield Learning to Cook classes
Jan 22-Feb 14: Sacramento Learning to Cook classes
Mar 1-Mar 21: Merced Learning to Cook classes
Apr 8-Apr 26: Los Angeles Learning to Cook classes
May 13- May 31: San Diego Learning to Cook classes
At each stop, the Big Rig will offer food education courses led by community chefs and ambassadors who will continue to be Food Champions after the truck departs.
Find out more about the Big Rig Teaching Kitchen Tour at www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/BigRig
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Photograph: David Loftus
© Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- April’s Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem