Blog Of The Month: ArNórdicaThu 29 Aug 2013
Story by Noelia Fernandez
Hello everyone, my name is Noelia and I’m from Buenos Aires, Argentina. ArNórdica emerged a few years ago after finishing my studies to become a Chef and Tea Sommelier. The career was short and my hunger of knowledge big. I was in need of a place to share what I was constantly learning - ideas, flavors and textures.
The name, ArNórdica, is due to my love for the Nordic culture, even being an Argentinian without relatives there!
It all started through social networks, to which I owe the best friends anyone can have! Many years of long talks late at night and the chance to meet them in person made me discover a new world, full of lovely things … and I had to share that with everyone!
After some months I started to read about the Food Revolution all over the world, how obesity was a growing problem and how even my friends didn’t know how to cook at home, something that was easy and normal as brushing my teeth for me. From my small place I had to do something …
How Easy and Fun Cooking Can Be
In mid-2012 I was lucky enough to become a Volunteer Ambassador for Jamie Oliver’s global Food Revolution movement and I joined the mission to promote good eating, get back to the basics (cooking at home), use seasonal products, etc. This was a proposal more tan attractive to me, specifically because everyone can get involved.
I try to use Arnórdica as a way to connect with everyone, showing how easy and fun cooking can be! To open some minds about how important what we eat is and why we should buy local. There is also a special section where I share some tips about how to build your own Green garden, it’s not always an easy task but it’s worth the effort.
Some of my favorite posts are:
• No-knead bread with super crunchy crust
• Mexican Tacos
There is nothing you can’t do at home! Even your favorite delivery options can be cooked in your house with fresh ingredients, and guess what? It will be cheaper and it will taste better.
About the Author: Noelia Fernandez is a Chef and Designer from Buenos Aires, Argentina. She is the owner of www.Arnordica.com. You can follow her over @OhNoelia.
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs