Blog Of The Month: Eating Well In 2013Wed 27 Mar 2013
Story by Food Revolution Team
Having written an article about New Year's resolution for the Food Revolution, Aix Rech was started her own blog to document her journey in 2013.
Having read that "writing your resolutions double the chances of success", Alix was inspired for these New Year's resolutions to be taken seriously she decided she had to do what it takes to make it work.
"I didn't realise at first but it was going to motivate me in a way nothing did before. I met people writing about the same kind of resolutions, people's stories inspired me and I hope I inspire some bloggers too. I write about my adventure: this new lifestyle, being human not Wonder Woman-like, ups and downs and recipes that work well."
When she started her blog, Alix's main aims were to follow her resolutions all year and possibly longer and to share her experience in order to hopefully inspire others. But she has seen learned that she has actually already got a lot more out of it - learning a lot from other bloggers and motivating one another in their missions.
Another aim of the blog was to learn nutrition related facts, at her own pace, and share these with others. "I knew that if I wrote about nutrition on my blog, I'd have to make sure the info I put out there has been researched carefully (by me). A good way of learning!"
Some favorite posts include February Recap and Morning run in morning sun - about a day that Alix realised that when your New Year's resolutions are easily achievable, it can lead you to go a bit further.
Some favorite recipes!
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays