Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday ChefTue 26 Nov 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Each month, we highlight a blog as our Blog of the Month, and for November we have chosen The Wednesday Chef.
Luisa Weiss started The Wednesday Chef back in 2005 when, as a publisher and editor of cookbooks in New York City, she needed a way to organize all of the recipe clippings she was gathering. Since then, Luisa has moved back to her home in Berlin, and The Wednesday Chef has taken on a life of its own.
Initially created as a task to cook through all her recipe clippings, Luisa now shares delicious recipes and her experiences while making them.
The section “Cooking for Hugo” has recipes specifically made for her one-year-old son, Hugo, and other tips and tricks on feeding your kids, as well as some recipes that satisfy moms and dads, too, like this great post on Debbie Koenig’s “Parents Need to Eat Too”. She named the blog “The Wednesday Chef” because newspapers once published their food sections on Wednesdays, and she wanted it to also be a go-to place for people to find great recipes and advice on cooking their way through each of them.
Luisa’s list of archived recipes is organized by meal and types of food, and is very easy to navigate, ranging from foods like French Chocolate Granola, to a summery Mango and Shrimp Salad, to Egg Pappardelle with Bagna Cauda, Wilted Radicchio and an Olive-Oil-Fried Egg (yum!!). No matter what you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it in her collection of recipes on The Wednesday Chef.
In 2012, Luisa published her first book, a food memoir called My Berlin Kitchen: A Love Story, full of her favorite recipes and the story of moving back to Berlin to cook. She was also a moderator at Jamie Oliver’s recent event in Berlin to promote Food Revolution Day 2014.
We love the Wednesday Chef and think you will too. Check out the blog here and contact Luisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Food Revolution Team
Images: All taken from The Wednesday Chef
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!
- The Mount Desert Island Hospital Food Revolution Heats Up
- Big Changes In UK School Food
- More Outdoor Dining Moments From Across The Globe
- September Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges