Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday ChefTue 26 Nov 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Each month, we highlight a blog as our Blog of the Month, and for November we have chosen The Wednesday Chef.
Luisa Weiss started The Wednesday Chef back in 2005 when, as a publisher and editor of cookbooks in New York City, she needed a way to organize all of the recipe clippings she was gathering. Since then, Luisa has moved back to her home in Berlin, and The Wednesday Chef has taken on a life of its own.
Initially created as a task to cook through all her recipe clippings, Luisa now shares delicious recipes and her experiences while making them.
The section “Cooking for Hugo” has recipes specifically made for her one-year-old son, Hugo, and other tips and tricks on feeding your kids, as well as some recipes that satisfy moms and dads, too, like this great post on Debbie Koenig’s “Parents Need to Eat Too”. She named the blog “The Wednesday Chef” because newspapers once published their food sections on Wednesdays, and she wanted it to also be a go-to place for people to find great recipes and advice on cooking their way through each of them.
Luisa’s list of archived recipes is organized by meal and types of food, and is very easy to navigate, ranging from foods like French Chocolate Granola, to a summery Mango and Shrimp Salad, to Egg Pappardelle with Bagna Cauda, Wilted Radicchio and an Olive-Oil-Fried Egg (yum!!). No matter what you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it in her collection of recipes on The Wednesday Chef.
In 2012, Luisa published her first book, a food memoir called My Berlin Kitchen: A Love Story, full of her favorite recipes and the story of moving back to Berlin to cook. She was also a moderator at Jamie Oliver’s recent event in Berlin to promote Food Revolution Day 2014.
We love the Wednesday Chef and think you will too. Check out the blog here and contact Luisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Food Revolution Team
Images: All taken from The Wednesday Chef
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs
- Yummy Supper: A Vehicle Of Deliciousness