Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday ChefTue 26 Nov 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Each month, we highlight a blog as our Blog of the Month, and for November we have chosen The Wednesday Chef.
Luisa Weiss started The Wednesday Chef back in 2005 when, as a publisher and editor of cookbooks in New York City, she needed a way to organize all of the recipe clippings she was gathering. Since then, Luisa has moved back to her home in Berlin, and The Wednesday Chef has taken on a life of its own.
Initially created as a task to cook through all her recipe clippings, Luisa now shares delicious recipes and her experiences while making them.
The section “Cooking for Hugo” has recipes specifically made for her one-year-old son, Hugo, and other tips and tricks on feeding your kids, as well as some recipes that satisfy moms and dads, too, like this great post on Debbie Koenig’s “Parents Need to Eat Too”. She named the blog “The Wednesday Chef” because newspapers once published their food sections on Wednesdays, and she wanted it to also be a go-to place for people to find great recipes and advice on cooking their way through each of them.
Luisa’s list of archived recipes is organized by meal and types of food, and is very easy to navigate, ranging from foods like French Chocolate Granola, to a summery Mango and Shrimp Salad, to Egg Pappardelle with Bagna Cauda, Wilted Radicchio and an Olive-Oil-Fried Egg (yum!!). No matter what you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it in her collection of recipes on The Wednesday Chef.
In 2012, Luisa published her first book, a food memoir called My Berlin Kitchen: A Love Story, full of her favorite recipes and the story of moving back to Berlin to cook. She was also a moderator at Jamie Oliver’s recent event in Berlin to promote Food Revolution Day 2014.
We love the Wednesday Chef and think you will too. Check out the blog here and contact Luisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Food Revolution Team
Images: All taken from The Wednesday Chef
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council