Bragging About BurgersThu 25 Aug 2011
Story by @RecipeDiva
It was the perfect night for a backyard BBQ, it’s almost as though you could smell aroma of meat cooking on the grill. On Tuesday, August 23, The Recipe Diva (@RecipeDiva) hosted a backyard BBQ via Twitter with the Food Revolution Community. The topic of this week’s #FoodRevParty conversation: Summer BBQs - perfecting the menu using fresh and healthy ingredients.
The Recipe Diva went strait to the grill and asked for burger suggestions:
RecipeDiva Check out @RecipeDiva’s recipe for the “All American Burger.” What is on your “perfect burger,” any unique ingredients? #foodrevparty
The community offered up some great suggestions, including:
Lady_Holliday @RecipeDiva #foodrevparty: I love fresh grated horseradish on mine.
JJMacVay Has anyone tried beetroot on their burger? Very popular down under! #foodrevparty
Theorganictrail @RecipeDiva 1 favorite is a buffalo chicken burger. #foodrevparty
Lunchalicious @RecipeDivaWe love chicken burgers with fresh pineapple...yum! #foodrevparty
Jamie Oliver’s “Salmon Fish Cakes” were also part of the conversation. Once the burgers were done, @RecipeDiva served up a few sides (grilled tuna and mango salad, goat cheese potato stackers) and ended with dessert (strawberry basil popsicles).
It was a gathering of great people, all who appreciate and enjoy delicious, fresh and healthy food.
The Recipe Diva (Jacqui McVey) is the creator and founder of TheRecipeDiva.com, a global recipe sharing and social networking website for foodies, chefs and cooks. An online hub for numerous food experiences, TheRecipeDiva.com features a variety of cooking and lifestyle tips, daily helpful how-to's and online foodie forums. Most importantly, it serves as platform for foodies to share their recipes.
Earlier this year, The Recipe Diva launched a campaign to raise awareness and donations for “Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution”. The Recipe Diva donated one dollar for every new registered user on TheRecipeDiva.com over the coarse of a month.The result of the “Recipe Revolution” …over 500 new users for a $546 donation to Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution!
The Recipe Diva
Join next week’s Twitter party on Tuesday August 30th at 7pm EDT / 10pm EDT guest hosted by Brenda Thompson @MealPlanMom.
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!
- Are You Fed Up?
- Steal My Meals - A Natural Extension To A Love Of Cooking
- Getting Kids Excited About Real Food In Sweden