Bragging About BurgersThu 25 Aug 2011
Story by @RecipeDiva
It was the perfect night for a backyard BBQ, it’s almost as though you could smell aroma of meat cooking on the grill. On Tuesday, August 23, The Recipe Diva (@RecipeDiva) hosted a backyard BBQ via Twitter with the Food Revolution Community. The topic of this week’s #FoodRevParty conversation: Summer BBQs - perfecting the menu using fresh and healthy ingredients.
The Recipe Diva went strait to the grill and asked for burger suggestions:
RecipeDiva Check out @RecipeDiva’s recipe for the “All American Burger.” What is on your “perfect burger,” any unique ingredients? #foodrevparty
The community offered up some great suggestions, including:
Lady_Holliday @RecipeDiva #foodrevparty: I love fresh grated horseradish on mine.
JJMacVay Has anyone tried beetroot on their burger? Very popular down under! #foodrevparty
Theorganictrail @RecipeDiva 1 favorite is a buffalo chicken burger. #foodrevparty
Lunchalicious @RecipeDivaWe love chicken burgers with fresh pineapple...yum! #foodrevparty
Jamie Oliver’s “Salmon Fish Cakes” were also part of the conversation. Once the burgers were done, @RecipeDiva served up a few sides (grilled tuna and mango salad, goat cheese potato stackers) and ended with dessert (strawberry basil popsicles).
It was a gathering of great people, all who appreciate and enjoy delicious, fresh and healthy food.
The Recipe Diva (Jacqui McVey) is the creator and founder of TheRecipeDiva.com, a global recipe sharing and social networking website for foodies, chefs and cooks. An online hub for numerous food experiences, TheRecipeDiva.com features a variety of cooking and lifestyle tips, daily helpful how-to's and online foodie forums. Most importantly, it serves as platform for foodies to share their recipes.
Earlier this year, The Recipe Diva launched a campaign to raise awareness and donations for “Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution”. The Recipe Diva donated one dollar for every new registered user on TheRecipeDiva.com over the coarse of a month.The result of the “Recipe Revolution” …over 500 new users for a $546 donation to Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution!
The Recipe Diva
Join next week’s Twitter party on Tuesday August 30th at 7pm EDT / 10pm EDT guest hosted by Brenda Thompson @MealPlanMom.
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013