Bringing The Big Rig OnlineThu 01 Mar 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Launched at TED2011 the Food Revolution’s food education weapon on the ground, the Big Rig Mobile Teaching Kitchen, has taught over 1000 children and adults in vulnerable southern California communities to cook over the past year.
We want to make sure everyone can track this great work so we’ve updated the Big Rig web page to include the latest information of where the Big Rig is through our Bing map – it’s currently stationed in Santa Ana – monthly updates from the Big Rig team, a regularly updated HQ of all the Big Rig’s details, great photos, – including Adrian Grenier’s recent visit – videos and it’s classes, the Big Rig’s twitter feed and a call out for any potential sponsors.
Check it out here: www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/bigrig
Interested In Sponsoring The Big Rig?
We are looking for a Big Rig sponsor to continue the great work on the ground and build the growing momentum in food education, engaging, educating and empowering children and adults with the skills and knowledge to cook and make better food choices for a better life. Together we can create a food education movement through our Big Rig Mobile Teaching Kitchen to arm the next generation with the facts and empower them to act and reverse the growing epidemic of obesity and diet related diseases.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Big Rig or want to find out more do get in touch with us at FoodRevolution@jamieoliver.com and one of the team will get back to you.
Follow The Big Rig
We have recently updated the Big Rig twitter name, previously @FoodRevTruck, to @FoodRevBigRig – its pet name now officially stuck! Remember to follow the Big Rig team here @FoodRevBigRig.
You can also submit a “Visit Me” form through the Big Rig page; we are collecting all requests and discovering the key communities shouting for a Big Rig visit. As soon as we know where the Big Rig will visit next, you will be the first to know!
Check out the January update from the Big Rig team and keep a look out for new photos, videos and the February update on the Big Rig page!
The Food Revolution Team
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’