Bringing The Big Rig OnlineThu 01 Mar 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Launched at TED2011 the Food Revolution’s food education weapon on the ground, the Big Rig Mobile Teaching Kitchen, has taught over 1000 children and adults in vulnerable southern California communities to cook over the past year.
We want to make sure everyone can track this great work so we’ve updated the Big Rig web page to include the latest information of where the Big Rig is through our Bing map – it’s currently stationed in Santa Ana – monthly updates from the Big Rig team, a regularly updated HQ of all the Big Rig’s details, great photos, – including Adrian Grenier’s recent visit – videos and it’s classes, the Big Rig’s twitter feed and a call out for any potential sponsors.
Check it out here: www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/bigrig
Interested In Sponsoring The Big Rig?
We are looking for a Big Rig sponsor to continue the great work on the ground and build the growing momentum in food education, engaging, educating and empowering children and adults with the skills and knowledge to cook and make better food choices for a better life. Together we can create a food education movement through our Big Rig Mobile Teaching Kitchen to arm the next generation with the facts and empower them to act and reverse the growing epidemic of obesity and diet related diseases.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Big Rig or want to find out more do get in touch with us at FoodRevolution@jamieoliver.com and one of the team will get back to you.
Follow The Big Rig
We have recently updated the Big Rig twitter name, previously @FoodRevTruck, to @FoodRevBigRig – its pet name now officially stuck! Remember to follow the Big Rig team here @FoodRevBigRig.
You can also submit a “Visit Me” form through the Big Rig page; we are collecting all requests and discovering the key communities shouting for a Big Rig visit. As soon as we know where the Big Rig will visit next, you will be the first to know!
Check out the January update from the Big Rig team and keep a look out for new photos, videos and the February update on the Big Rig page!
The Food Revolution Team
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!
- The Mount Desert Island Hospital Food Revolution Heats Up
- Big Changes In UK School Food
- More Outdoor Dining Moments From Across The Globe
- September Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A