What's Going On In Your Community?Mon 14 Mar 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This month has been very exciting for the Food Revolution. Following Jamie's time at TED 2011 we have not only launched our fantastic new website with lots of great new features but we also have our new look Facebook Food Revolution Community page.
Our new destination for the Food Revolution – www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com - will grow and develop this year to support you as we ask you to start your own campaigns locally.
You can download our Food Revolution toolkits to get the facts, find support and start a campaign and use the Facebook Food Revolution Community to get connected with other Food Revolutionaries across America, to support your community.
You can also find out what's happening in your local area by checking out our new activists map on the website which is connected to our Facebook Community page. Here you can see what community groups are active in your area and if your area does not yet have one you can create a local cooking group for your friends and start your own grassroots action!
These groups are easy to create and use and will allow you to share, connect and inspire others with your stories of change. You will be able to find likeminded people in your local area and work together to transform the food served in schools, your home or on Main Street.
Visit our interactive map – see the link below - and search for groups within your local area, if you do find a group in your area join it and work together with the other members to bring about a Food Revolution in your local community.
If there is not a pre-existing group for your community then create one!
All you need to do is complete a short ‘group request’ form which can be found on our community page. Once you have submitted your group request the Food Revolution team will be in touch to let you know if your application has been successful!
Remember you can make this Food Revolution your own; these groups are for you to connect with others and spread the Food Revolution, so get online and get connected!
• To visit our interactive map and join or start your own group click here
• To connect with others on our Facebook Food Revolution Community page click here
• Check out our new and exclusive website here
The Food Revolution Team
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- April’s Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem