Calling Delaware And Vermont: We Need You!Thu 09 Jun 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The Food Revolution is growing its roots across America with over 450 activist groups and rising. Just two states to go before we’ll have groups in every state. We are now on the lookout for representatives in Delaware and Vermont, the Food Revolution is going national!
Our groups are so important to us; challenging food standards and the food their kids eat at school and helping their community eat better at home. Together we can drive the change we need in American food culture. Through our growing army of activists our grassroots movement is gaining momentum. Our leaders and supporters are making the Food Revolution their own, tackling their local issues and sharing their stories with us. We salute you and are here to support you!
Having groups in almost every state is very exciting. The wider our reach and the more people speaking up for better food the greater the impact we can make. To have groups in every state would further prove that the Food Revolution is here to stay and has a strong core of engaged people wanting to improve the health of America through the food we eat. So help us Delaware and Vermont, we need you in our army as well!
If you live in Delaware or Vermont and want to start the Food Revolution in your local community all you need to do is:
• Visit our Community Page and submit a ‘Create a Group’ request. One of the team will pick this up and be in touch.
• Make sure you follow our Facebook Food Revolution Community page to stay up to date with everything that is going on and post your recipe creations; you could feature in our weekly cook off article where we feature the best of the week.
• Join our FoodRevTeam Twitter competitions (#FoodRevComp) on Tuesdays and Twitter parties (#FoodRevParty) on Wednesdays to talk about the big issues and find support in the community
• Bookmark our website to keep an eye on the latest news and download our toolkits and recipes.
If you know someone in Delaware or Vermont, send them the link to this article to get involved and be part of the Food Revolution. Otherwise search our activist map for a local group to join in your state and if there isn’t one then you can set one up yourself as outlined above!
Every group leader receives a welcome toolkit to get started and we do keep an eye on every group, highlighting one each week as part of our ‘Group of the Week’ feature in our newsletters and on the website. We want to see your group there so we’ll be checking in online to see how you’re getting on.
Good luck to all of our groups, we look forward to supporting you and welcoming new leaders from Delaware, Vermont and beyond!
The Food Revolution Team
FB: Food Revolution Community
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!