Calling Delaware And Vermont: We Need You!Thu 09 Jun 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The Food Revolution is growing its roots across America with over 450 activist groups and rising. Just two states to go before we’ll have groups in every state. We are now on the lookout for representatives in Delaware and Vermont, the Food Revolution is going national!
Our groups are so important to us; challenging food standards and the food their kids eat at school and helping their community eat better at home. Together we can drive the change we need in American food culture. Through our growing army of activists our grassroots movement is gaining momentum. Our leaders and supporters are making the Food Revolution their own, tackling their local issues and sharing their stories with us. We salute you and are here to support you!
Having groups in almost every state is very exciting. The wider our reach and the more people speaking up for better food the greater the impact we can make. To have groups in every state would further prove that the Food Revolution is here to stay and has a strong core of engaged people wanting to improve the health of America through the food we eat. So help us Delaware and Vermont, we need you in our army as well!
If you live in Delaware or Vermont and want to start the Food Revolution in your local community all you need to do is:
• Visit our Community Page and submit a ‘Create a Group’ request. One of the team will pick this up and be in touch.
• Make sure you follow our Facebook Food Revolution Community page to stay up to date with everything that is going on and post your recipe creations; you could feature in our weekly cook off article where we feature the best of the week.
• Join our FoodRevTeam Twitter competitions (#FoodRevComp) on Tuesdays and Twitter parties (#FoodRevParty) on Wednesdays to talk about the big issues and find support in the community
• Bookmark our website to keep an eye on the latest news and download our toolkits and recipes.
If you know someone in Delaware or Vermont, send them the link to this article to get involved and be part of the Food Revolution. Otherwise search our activist map for a local group to join in your state and if there isn’t one then you can set one up yourself as outlined above!
Every group leader receives a welcome toolkit to get started and we do keep an eye on every group, highlighting one each week as part of our ‘Group of the Week’ feature in our newsletters and on the website. We want to see your group there so we’ll be checking in online to see how you’re getting on.
Good luck to all of our groups, we look forward to supporting you and welcoming new leaders from Delaware, Vermont and beyond!
The Food Revolution Team
FB: Food Revolution Community
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays