Celebrate Real Food With A Food Revolution Dinner Party!Mon 14 May 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
Thereís less than one week now until the first ever Food Revolution Day on May 19! In just 5 days, people from all over the world are connecting at local food events and dinner parties and standing up for real food, will you join them?
If you want to get involved and join the global movement on Saturday, why not host a dinner party! Food Revolution Day is all about real food, so what better way to celebrate than by sharing a real food meal with friends and family.
Your dinner party can be as simple or as extravagant as you like, and weíve got all the tools you need to plan your party in time for Saturday! So whether itís a special meal for the family, or an evening for friends and colleagues, donít forget to add your dinner party to the map!
Celebrate with Real Food
Whether you want to cook an old favorite thatís tried and tested, or try something new, the first thing you need to think about is the menu. Have a think about what you already have in the house and what you can pick up during the week. Remember that it needs to be fresh, wholesome and where possible local (that means seasonal too), no boxed or processed foods are allowed!
Weíve got some great real food recipes to get you started, both Jamieís Food Revolution recipes, and some fantastic community recipes too! Check out this article to see some of the best ones, and get some ideas for a winning Food Revolution menu.
Check out our featured dinner parties, including Jamieís, to get some inspiration!
Dinner Party Starter Kit
Our dinner party starter kit has everything you need to get your party organised! Once youíve got the menu sorted, use our invitations to spread the word and let your friends know the time and date, download our place cards to add to the table and check out our top tips to make sure that your night is one to remember!
Check out Jamie's Food Revolution playlist on Spotify for a theme tune to your evening.
Take The Real Food Quiz!
Where does pasta come from, how do pineapples grow and how much sugar do we really consume?
So many people are now so out of touch with what is on their plates that they donít know where their food actually comes from and how what they eat impacts their health. Weíve created a Real Food Quiz to start the conversation on the need for better food education and for you to test your guestsí knowledge on food and current health issues at your dinner party! Get everyone to write down their answers to the questions, or take it in turns to be the quiz master and contestants and compare your quiz scores with your guests.
Download the Real Food Quiz ready for your Food Revolution dinner party today!
If you canít make the Saturday night, then why not think about hosting a dinner party on the Friday or Sunday. Events will be taking place all over the weekend, so youíll still be part of the movement.
Never hosted a dinner party before or worried about the timing? Why not turn your dinner party into a pot luck and get each of your friends to bring a dish, not only does that mean you donít need to worry about doing all the cooking, but it also means you donít need to do all the washing up too!
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you add your event to our map and help make some noise on Food Revolution Day!
The Food Revolution Day Team
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Letís Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyoneís Revolution: Eating Well For Less
- Make A Healthy Lunch This Food Revolution Day!