Celebrating Real Food In The 3rd LIVE HangoutWed 24 Oct 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Today saw the third LIVE Food Revolution Community Hangout where we were joined by inspiring Food Revolutionaries across the world to celebrate real food and talk about how making connections can help create lasting change.
As today is the second annual Food Day, we celebrated this great movement, and discussed how through initiatives such as this we can all work to shape a better future.
Joining us on this third live hangout were:
• Catherine Kastleman, Food Day Project Coordinator,
• Debra Williams, Food Revolution Ambassador from Pittsburgh, USA
• Leonora Reed, Food Revolution Ambassador from London, UK
• Madalyn Turner, Food Revolution Ambassador and Food Day participant from Charleston, USA
• Alan Mak, member of One Young World Advisory Board and Ambassador, London, UK
• Moderator Jo Creed, Social Media and Food Policy Manager, Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
Watch the full hangout here.
Real Food Rocks
We asked our participants how they would describe the Food Revolution in 3 words, here's what they came up with:
- Just Eat Real
- Real Food Rocks
- Back to Basics
- Necessary and Life Changing
- Healthy Lives Now
- Real Food Awesome
- Make a Difference
How would you describe the Food Revolution in 3 words? Tweet us, facebook us, or post your 3 words on G+!
Interested in finding out more about our Google+ Hangouts? Connect with us on our Food Revolution G+ Community page at google.com/+foodrevolutioncommunity.
Here’s to working together and standing up for healthy, affordable, sustainable, real food.
Happy Food Day!
The Food Revolution Team
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine