Celebrating Real Food In The 3rd LIVE HangoutWed 24 Oct 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Today saw the third LIVE Food Revolution Community Hangout where we were joined by inspiring Food Revolutionaries across the world to celebrate real food and talk about how making connections can help create lasting change.
As today is the second annual Food Day, we celebrated this great movement, and discussed how through initiatives such as this we can all work to shape a better future.
Joining us on this third live hangout were:
• Catherine Kastleman, Food Day Project Coordinator,
• Debra Williams, Food Revolution Ambassador from Pittsburgh, USA
• Leonora Reed, Food Revolution Ambassador from London, UK
• Madalyn Turner, Food Revolution Ambassador and Food Day participant from Charleston, USA
• Alan Mak, member of One Young World Advisory Board and Ambassador, London, UK
• Moderator Jo Creed, Social Media and Food Policy Manager, Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
Watch the full hangout here.
Real Food Rocks
We asked our participants how they would describe the Food Revolution in 3 words, here's what they came up with:
- Just Eat Real
- Real Food Rocks
- Back to Basics
- Necessary and Life Changing
- Healthy Lives Now
- Real Food Awesome
- Make a Difference
How would you describe the Food Revolution in 3 words? Tweet us, facebook us, or post your 3 words on G+!
Interested in finding out more about our Google+ Hangouts? Connect with us on our Food Revolution G+ Community page at google.com/+foodrevolutioncommunity.
Here’s to working together and standing up for healthy, affordable, sustainable, real food.
Happy Food Day!
The Food Revolution Team
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!
- Jamie Oliver Addresses The Global Food Revolution