Celebrating Real Food In The 3rd LIVE HangoutWed 24 Oct 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Today saw the third LIVE Food Revolution Community Hangout where we were joined by inspiring Food Revolutionaries across the world to celebrate real food and talk about how making connections can help create lasting change.
As today is the second annual Food Day, we celebrated this great movement, and discussed how through initiatives such as this we can all work to shape a better future.
Joining us on this third live hangout were:
Catherine Kastleman, Food Day Project Coordinator,
Debra Williams, Food Revolution Ambassador from Pittsburgh, USA
Leonora Reed, Food Revolution Ambassador from London, UK
Madalyn Turner, Food Revolution Ambassador and Food Day participant from Charleston, USA
Alan Mak, member of One Young World Advisory Board and Ambassador, London, UK
Moderator Jo Creed, Social Media and Food Policy Manager, Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
Watch the full hangout here.
Real Food Rocks
We asked our participants how they would describe the Food Revolution in 3 words, here's what they came up with:
- Just Eat Real
- Real Food Rocks
- Back to Basics
- Necessary and Life Changing
- Healthy Lives Now
- Real Food Awesome
- Make a Difference
How would you describe the Food Revolution in 3 words? Tweet us, facebook us, or post your 3 words on G+!
Interested in finding out more about our Google+ Hangouts? Connect with us on our Food Revolution G+ Community page at google.com/+foodrevolutioncommunity.
Heres to working together and standing up for healthy, affordable, sustainable, real food.
Happy Food Day!
The Food Revolution Team
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions