Celebrating Real Food In The 3rd LIVE HangoutWed 24 Oct 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Today saw the third LIVE Food Revolution Community Hangout where we were joined by inspiring Food Revolutionaries across the world to celebrate real food and talk about how making connections can help create lasting change.
As today is the second annual Food Day, we celebrated this great movement, and discussed how through initiatives such as this we can all work to shape a better future.
Joining us on this third live hangout were:
• Catherine Kastleman, Food Day Project Coordinator,
• Debra Williams, Food Revolution Ambassador from Pittsburgh, USA
• Leonora Reed, Food Revolution Ambassador from London, UK
• Madalyn Turner, Food Revolution Ambassador and Food Day participant from Charleston, USA
• Alan Mak, member of One Young World Advisory Board and Ambassador, London, UK
• Moderator Jo Creed, Social Media and Food Policy Manager, Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
Watch the full hangout here.
Real Food Rocks
We asked our participants how they would describe the Food Revolution in 3 words, here's what they came up with:
- Just Eat Real
- Real Food Rocks
- Back to Basics
- Necessary and Life Changing
- Healthy Lives Now
- Real Food Awesome
- Make a Difference
How would you describe the Food Revolution in 3 words? Tweet us, facebook us, or post your 3 words on G+!
Interested in finding out more about our Google+ Hangouts? Connect with us on our Food Revolution G+ Community page at google.com/+foodrevolutioncommunity.
Here’s to working together and standing up for healthy, affordable, sustainable, real food.
Happy Food Day!
The Food Revolution Team
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!
- Are You Fed Up?
- Steal My Meals - A Natural Extension To A Love Of Cooking
- Getting Kids Excited About Real Food In Sweden
- FRD2014 Onboard The JOFF Big Rig In San Diego
- School Lunch Standards At Risk