Chef Ann Cooper Launches New Website And Salad Bar ProjectFri 20 Aug 2010
Chef Ann Cooper is one of our pioneering Food Revolution heroes proving that school food doesnít have to be processed; it can be freshly cooked and tasty and still within the guidelines and budget. This month she launched her fantastic new website TheLunchBox.org and exciting new initiative the Great American Salad bar Project (GASP).
TheLunchBox.org is the place to go if you are a school cook who wants to change the food in your school. The website has great tools and resources to start and maintain that change. There is also a menu and recipes section with more than 120 kid and school tested recipes. These will enable schools to change their food program in a positive and impactful way for the long-term health of your kids.
Launched earlier this month, in partnership with Whole Foods Market, GASP is Chef Annís latest project. Its goal is to install a healthy salad bar in to every school across America so that all school kids may have access to fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and healthy proteins, every school day. Funds will be raised through Whole Foods Market shopper donations as well as through the website directly. There will be at least 300 salad bars to begin in schools across the country in 2011.
Chef Ann believes that "the number one thing any school can do to improve their school food is to add a healthy salad bar and allow children to make their own choices." The Lunch Box Projectís nonprofit foundation, F3 foundation, will serve as a granting institution whereby any public school may apply online to be chosen for a salad bar, utensils and training tools. Make sure you visit the saladbarproject.org; you will be able to apply from Sept. 1, 2010. Good luck to Ann and the team!
About the author: Janey Gourlay is the Campaigns Assistant for Jamieís Food Revolution
- Students Cook For The Homeless On Food Revolution Day
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamieís Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Letís Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home