Chef Ann Cooper Launches New Website And Salad Bar ProjectFri 20 Aug 2010
Chef Ann Cooper is one of our pioneering Food Revolution heroes proving that school food doesn’t have to be processed; it can be freshly cooked and tasty and still within the guidelines and budget. This month she launched her fantastic new website TheLunchBox.org and exciting new initiative the Great American Salad bar Project (GASP).
TheLunchBox.org is the place to go if you are a school cook who wants to change the food in your school. The website has great tools and resources to start and maintain that change. There is also a menu and recipes section with more than 120 kid and school tested recipes. These will enable schools to change their food program in a positive and impactful way for the long-term health of your kids.
Launched earlier this month, in partnership with Whole Foods Market, GASP is Chef Ann’s latest project. Its goal is to install a healthy salad bar in to every school across America so that all school kids may have access to fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and healthy proteins, every school day. Funds will be raised through Whole Foods Market shopper donations as well as through the website directly. There will be at least 300 salad bars to begin in schools across the country in 2011.
Chef Ann believes that "the number one thing any school can do to improve their school food is to add a healthy salad bar and allow children to make their own choices." The Lunch Box Project’s nonprofit foundation, F3 foundation, will serve as a granting institution whereby any public school may apply online to be chosen for a salad bar, utensils and training tools. Make sure you visit the saladbarproject.org; you will be able to apply from Sept. 1, 2010. Good luck to Ann and the team!
About the author: Janey Gourlay is the Campaigns Assistant for Jamie’s Food Revolution
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Lady Cakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs
- Yummy Supper: A Vehicle Of Deliciousness
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges