The Food Revolution Asks “What’s For School Lunch?”Thu 22 Sep 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
What’s for lunch in school cafeterias around the country and the world? Tasty meals made with fresh ingredients, or processed, unappealing junk?
Next week the Food Revolution is launching a new online project to shine a spotlight on school lunches. We will be calling on our community to eat lunch in their local school and find out what's really being served. We want you to share your pride or disappointment at the lunch served at your own or your kids’ school this fall.
Why Are We Doing This?
The Food Revolution wants to celebrate innovation where it’s happening and light a fire for change where it’s needed. We have seen firsthand the good, bad, and ugly of school food. Under the same regulations about school food and sometimes within the same community, certain kids are getting amazing school food and others are eating unappealing junk. It’s time to talk about the differences.
What We Want YOU To Do?
Once the project launches we will want you to eat lunch at your school - whether you are a teacher, parent or student – and share your school lunch with us. We want to celebrate the great school lunches out there and highlight those that are in need of improvement.
Keep checking the website, our Facebook page and Twitter profile for updates and we will keep you posted once we launch.
We look forward to seeing your school lunches!
The Food Revolution Team
F: Food Revolution Community
T: Food Revolution Team
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table