The Food Revolution Asks “What’s For School Lunch?”Thu 22 Sep 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
What’s for lunch in school cafeterias around the country and the world? Tasty meals made with fresh ingredients, or processed, unappealing junk?
Next week the Food Revolution is launching a new online project to shine a spotlight on school lunches. We will be calling on our community to eat lunch in their local school and find out what's really being served. We want you to share your pride or disappointment at the lunch served at your own or your kids’ school this fall.
Why Are We Doing This?
The Food Revolution wants to celebrate innovation where it’s happening and light a fire for change where it’s needed. We have seen firsthand the good, bad, and ugly of school food. Under the same regulations about school food and sometimes within the same community, certain kids are getting amazing school food and others are eating unappealing junk. It’s time to talk about the differences.
What We Want YOU To Do?
Once the project launches we will want you to eat lunch at your school - whether you are a teacher, parent or student – and share your school lunch with us. We want to celebrate the great school lunches out there and highlight those that are in need of improvement.
Keep checking the website, our Facebook page and Twitter profile for updates and we will keep you posted once we launch.
We look forward to seeing your school lunches!
The Food Revolution Team
F: Food Revolution Community
T: Food Revolution Team
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyone’s Revolution: Eating Well For Less
- Make A Healthy Lunch This Food Revolution Day!
- Announcing May’s Monthly Challenges