Decemberís Monthly ChallengesFri 29 Nov 2013
Story by Sarah Curl
2013 is winding down and weíre thinking back on everything thatís happened this year. Our amazing team of Ambassadors has made huge strides to bring food education to their local schools, educating their communities on the importance of real food and overall starting Food Revolutions in 88 countries. We canít wait to see what they can accomplish in 2014!
Now that the holiday season is in full swing, thereís no better time to talk about fun recipes, giving back to the community and passing on food skills. Check out this monthís monthly challenges and make sure to share everything youíre celebrating with us!
December Challenge #1
One of the best parts about the holidays is experimenting with recipes. It could be finding a new recipe, sharing recipes with your family and friends and/or using recipes that have been in your family for years or even decades.
We want to know what youíre cooking, but more importantly, we want to SEE what youíre cooking. Send in photos of your recipes, fun holiday dishes, cooking adventures with your family and friends and anything else youíre doing this season. We want to share all these great photos with our Food Revolution community so get your photos in!
December Challenge #2
The season of giving is upon us and we want to hear how youíre giving back to your community. Will you be volunteering at your local soup kitchen or participating in a food bank drives? Whatever it may be, we want to hear about it, so send through to our team or post it on social media using the #FoodRevHolidays hashtag. Letís show how amazing and giving our Food Revolution community is!
December Challenge #3
Here at the Food Revolution, we feel that food skills are essential for a happy and healthy life. With that being said, how are you passing on food skills to the next generation this holiday season? The holidays are a great time to teach a loved one how to cook or make a new recipe. Some of our best memories were cooking with our families during this time of year so pick your favorite relative and teach them something new!
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced through a blog post, email, Facebook and Twitter. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us Ė we could be highlighting what youíve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next monthís challenges?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
About the Author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
Image provided by Terri Salminen from Haarlem, Netherlands. See more of Terriís beautiful photos and recipes here: http://terrisalminen.com/
- Berkeleyís Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council