Do You Want To Hangout With Global Food Revolutionaries?Tue 25 Sep 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Join the second of our Food Revolution Community Google+ Hangouts!
After the first successful Google+ Hangout last month in which we talked about back-to-school and school food, we are hosting our second Hangout this Thursday, the 27th, which will focus on the global Food Revolution and our fantastic volunteer community ambassadors.
This month’s Hangout will put a spotlight on all the hard work that these volunteers are doing around the world. We have over 300 Ambassadors in 55 countries who are constantly working hard to spread the Food Revolution message and engage their communities in the real food movement and we want to make sure they are highlighted.
Meet our Global Volunteers
Are you interested in starting a Food Revolution in your community but you’re not sure where to begin? Are you saddened and frustrated to see the lack of food education throughout your city?
This is a perfect opportunity to tune in and find out what other food revolutionaries are doing around the world to make change in their communities, working to bring real, sustainable and local food to their families, friends, businesses and schools.
Community ambassadors joining us this Hangout will provide insights in how they have made change happen as well as discuss the barriers and challenges that they have faced along the way. This is going to be an informative and inspiring conversation, so don’t miss out!
You can join the global discussion on Thursday, September 27th at 9am PST/12pm EST/1pm UYT/5pm GMT/ 6pm CET
Joining us from around the world for this month’s Food Revolution Google+ Hangout are:
• Denise Livotti from Vaughn, Ontario, Canada
• Elsa Manelphe from Montevideo, Uruguay
• Francesco Iandola from Milan, Italy
• Joelle Gillooly from Cary, North Carolina
• Mike Robinson from Devon, United Kingdom
• Amy Higgins, Community Manager for Google+ Local from San Francisco, California
• Sarah Curl, Community Manager, Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (Moderating) from San Francisco, California
We’re so excited to have some of our global volunteers joining us for a live interactive conversation about taking the online movement offline, standing up for real food and getting further involved in the local Food Revolution.
We hope you’ll tune in and be a part of the online global Food Revolution movement! Check out the event page here!
To watch, simply visit our Google+ Food Revolution Community page at 9am PT/12pm ET/1pm UYT/5pm GMT where the Hangout will be streamed LIVE. You can also join the conversation by tweeting to us @foodrev using the hashtag #foodrevhangout, so if you have any questions or comments during the Hangout let us know!
You can view our first ever Google+ Hangout with Jamie on Food Revolution Day here and catch up on last month’s back-to-school Hangout here to get you in the mood!
Thanks and see you online!
The Food Revolution Team
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!
- Jamie Oliver Addresses The Global Food Revolution