February Blog Of The Month: Teeny Tiny KitchenThu 01 Mar 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Congratulations to our February blog of the month – Teeny Tiny Kitchen. Every month here at the Food Revolution we choose one of the many amazing food based blogs as our ‘Blog of the Month’, whether focused on from scratch cooking and trying new recipes, changing school food, or educating their readers on food issues and how to incorporate homemade meals into everyday life.
Teeny Tiny Kitchen is a blog about cooking with fresh ingredients in a very small kitchen. Recipes are created without processed ingredients, often showing how to replace them with homemade recipes. Whether that means making homemade taco sauce and spice blends or making a healthy (and surprisingly simple) condensed soup, it’s all about good food and knowing what you're eating.
If you're looking for simple recipes to use up an abundance of seasonal ingredients or you're looking for something more adventurous, Teeny Tiny Kitchen knows from experience that you can do it all in a small space - and you can do it all with fresh, wholesome ingredients. Eating well doesn't add to the stress of a busy life, it enhances the pleasure of eating and cooking, and it breeds a love for food and knowledge of what we put into our bodies.
A small kitchen doesn't have to get in your way either. Even if your kitchen is narrow as a ship's galley, that doesn't need to stop you from making bagels and bialys, smoking chicken, making pickles, whipping up an Asian stir fry or making a classic roast. It certainly doesn’t stop Teeny Tiny Kitchen, who aim to show you that size doesn't matter when it comes to making good, fresh, healthy food. It might occasionally require stacking dishes perpendicularly on top of a row of cookbooks, but that's just a fun challenge.
So head on over to Teeny Tiny Kitchen to see what you can make at home in your kitchen, no matter how small!
The Food Revolution Team & Teeny Tiny Kitchen
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day