February Recipe Of The Month: Minestrone SoupThu 01 Mar 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Our February Food Revolution recipe was a brand new one – our Minestrone Soup. Jam-packed full of goodness, this vegetable soup is the perfect warming recipe for to keep us toasty warm on the last of the winter nights and it’s great feel good food too – doing anyone who eats it the world of good!
Whether keeping it hearty and chunky, mixing it up in the blender or adding pasta we asked our community to try our Minestrone Soup at home and to share with us their photos and thoughts on this new recipe.
Community Minestrone Soups
1. Anna Carlen - Russian Version Of Minestrone Soup
2. Gerri Sapinoso Hudson - My family loved the minestrone so much, we put it on the menu again this week. I played around with the proportions just to taste the difference. All delicious!
3. Elisa Alexander Dubois - Minestrone yumminess!
4. Annie McMullin Chamberlin - great recipe-thanks!
5. Suzanna McCloskey - Minestrone soup (more like a stew) for my child care. Thank you...they loved it!
6. Food Revolution Team - We made our Minestrone Soup in the slow cooker in the office, putting all the ingredients in as soon as we got in the office in the morning so it was ready just in time for lunch!
More Thoughts On the Minestrone
• Natalie Jones - Minestrone is my favorite soup, and I often use whatever is ready in my garden or whatever I've frozen from my garden. I am definitely trying this recipe too.
• Karen Dorans - It was fabulous. So much goodness!! Next time I will add a little bit of red pepper flakes!
• Deborah Bensinger Matlow - Made it today using parsnip instead of potato. I chopped the kale very fine to make it kid friendly, and my 5 and 2 year olds (as well as mom and dad!) love it. Thanks!
• Jeanne Ambrose - This soup was awesome. My twelve year old was so excited to have homemade soup. All five of us loved it--that is a tall bill to fill. I have to print this recipe and save it!
• Dominique Morin Rolfes - Excellent soup. Made this a couple of weeks ago and added some smoked chicken. Delish!
• Inez Martinez - Take out the bacon and you have a great vegetarian minestrone for veg heads like me and my kids :) I think they'll love this.
• Lisa Davis Macia - The beauty of a recipe is you can tailor it to your own specific tastes and dietary needs....no need to follow to the T.
March Is All About Pancakes!
As we enter March, we’ve got another new recipe for you to try – our All American Pancakes!
This simple recipe is easy to remember and works brilliant every time, plus it’s a great one to get the kids in the kitchen with. You can add some variety to your pancakes by sprinkling over some blueberries, diced banana or any seasonal fruit, before flipping them over.
So this month, why not get busy in the kitchen making some of these pancakes, add your favorite toppings and share all your pictures, from flipping to eating, with us on our Food Revolution Community page.
The Food Revolution Team
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day