February’s Monthly ChallengesTue 04 Feb 2014
Story by Sarah Curl
We hope your real food resolutions are still going strong as we head into the second month of 2014. Valentine’s Day is this month and we know what we’re going to be doing - celebrating our love of real food!
With January already behind us, it’s time to look forward to the rest of the year. Food Revolution Day is only 4 months away, and we want to know your plans! We also want you to share your foodie tips and get creative with our recipe of the month. Check out February’s monthly challenges and make sure to share your stories and photos with us!
February Challenge #1
Share with us your foodie tips!
It can be how you get your children to try new veggies or a tip you would give to someone who is trying to take the first steps to eat better. Whatever it is, we want to hear about it and see some photos that go with it!
February Challenge #2
FRD2014 is coming up fast! Have you started planning yet? The website will be updated and ready to roll in early April, but in the meantime it's not too early to start thinking about what you want to do on or around May 16.
This year there’s a lot of focus on getting kids cooking, and we'll be sharing some FRD specific recipes for you to get cooking with. Start planning this month and let us know what you are doing!
February Challenge #3
Our recipe of the month is a veggie frittata - we want to know what you think of this and what seasonal ingredients you'll add to yours!
Take photos from the start to end - from picking/buying your ingredients to the finished frittata. It's totally up to you what you add to make it your own, but be sure to let us know what you come up with!
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced through a blog post, email, Facebook and Twitter. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us – we could be highlighting what you’ve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next month’s challenges?
Let us know at email@example.com.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
About the Author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
Images: Ambassadors Terri Salminen & Sarah Willis
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!
- The Mount Desert Island Hospital Food Revolution Heats Up
- Big Changes In UK School Food
- More Outdoor Dining Moments From Across The Globe
- September Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words