Fed Up With Lunch Blogger, Mrs Q Reveals Her Identity!Fri 07 Oct 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This week Mrs Q, the school food blogger who started eating school food in January 2010 and secretly photographing it each day to record on her blog, Fed Up With Lunch, revealed her identity.
Sarah Wu, a speech pathologist in Chicago Public Schools, began documenting school lunches after trying one of the meals when she had forgotten to take her lunch to work that day. Astounded by what she found on her plate, Sarah went on to secretly document a year’s worth of school lunches.
We’ve been following Sarah’s journey as she ate her way through a year’s worth of school lunches, shining a spotlight on school food and showing what exactly is found on the lunch tray in many schools across the nation. Check out our School Lunch Photo Wall to see what other foods are being served for lunch in the rest of the country and across the world.
Following the release of her book ‘Fed Up With Lunch: How One Anonymous Teacher Revealed The Truth About School Lunches - And How We Can Change Them’, Mrs Q revealed her name and identity for the first time on ABC’s Good Morning America and The View and we are excited to announce that the amazing Sarah Wu, @FedUpWithLunch will be hosting our next Food Revolution twitter party!!
Join the fun on twitter next Tuesday, October 11th @ 7pm PDT/10pm EDT, don’t forget to use and follow the hash tag #foodrevparty in order to join the conversation.
Catch up on last week’s ‘School Lunch’ twitter party here.
Watch Mrs Q on Good Morning America and The View and check out her amazing journey on her blog Fed Up With Lunch.
The Food Revolution Team
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- April’s Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem