Fed Up With Lunch Blogger, Mrs Q Reveals Her Identity!Fri 07 Oct 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This week Mrs Q, the school food blogger who started eating school food in January 2010 and secretly photographing it each day to record on her blog, Fed Up With Lunch, revealed her identity.
Sarah Wu, a speech pathologist in Chicago Public Schools, began documenting school lunches after trying one of the meals when she had forgotten to take her lunch to work that day. Astounded by what she found on her plate, Sarah went on to secretly document a year’s worth of school lunches.
We’ve been following Sarah’s journey as she ate her way through a year’s worth of school lunches, shining a spotlight on school food and showing what exactly is found on the lunch tray in many schools across the nation. Check out our School Lunch Photo Wall to see what other foods are being served for lunch in the rest of the country and across the world.
Following the release of her book ‘Fed Up With Lunch: How One Anonymous Teacher Revealed The Truth About School Lunches - And How We Can Change Them’, Mrs Q revealed her name and identity for the first time on ABC’s Good Morning America and The View and we are excited to announce that the amazing Sarah Wu, @FedUpWithLunch will be hosting our next Food Revolution twitter party!!
Join the fun on twitter next Tuesday, October 11th @ 7pm PDT/10pm EDT, don’t forget to use and follow the hash tag #foodrevparty in order to join the conversation.
Catch up on last week’s ‘School Lunch’ twitter party here.
Watch Mrs Q on Good Morning America and The View and check out her amazing journey on her blog Fed Up With Lunch.
The Food Revolution Team
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council