Food Revolution Christmas Cookie Bake Off!Thu 15 Dec 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The holiday season is here, and with it comes many parties, so this week, for a party treat our Food Revolution recipe was our Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies! We wanted to know what your favorite cookie recipes are and what cookie treats you would be preparing for the festive season!
Remember, by making your own cookies at home you can make them much healthier than shop bought ones, but even homemade cookies are for a treat and not to be eaten everyday! If you are planning to get busy baking some more in the kitchen this holiday, check out this article for some top tips!
Community Cookie Creations
Kim Gerber (1) Healthy Holiday cut-out sugar cookies, get the recipe here.
Karen Humphrey (2) Ginger Cookies
Thippi Fleckenstein (3) Oatmeal cookies with added dried cherries & berry glazed muffins
Lunchalicious (4)Oatmeal and raisin cookies with a few choc chips
Kim Gerber (5) Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies made with whole wheat flour, raw sugar and flax - these healthier cranberry cookies won one of the top ten spots in the L.A. Times Food Holiday Cookie Bake-Off, out of over 200 entries! Look out for the recipe in the LA Times Food Section December 15th!
Azucar Glass (6) Ginger Bread Men
The Food Revolution Team (7) also got baking this week, making oatmeal and raisin cookies with some added coconut!
Share With Us Your Festive Feasts!
Thanks to everyone for joining this weeks cook-off! Over the next few weeks we want to see all your Christmas food creations! Whatever you are cooking over the festive season, holiday party food, Christmas day feasts or leftover creations, share with us the good food you will be celebrating with this year! Upload all your foodie photos and recipes suggestions on our Food Revolution community wall and share the festive cheer!
Looking for some new festive recipes for this holiday season? Create, or donate to, a Food Revolution Holiday Wish and you will receive EXCLUSIVE holiday recipes donated from Jamie Oliver himself!
The Food Revolution Team
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays