Food Revolution Christmas Cookie Bake Off!Thu 15 Dec 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The holiday season is here, and with it comes many parties, so this week, for a party treat our Food Revolution recipe was our Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies! We wanted to know what your favorite cookie recipes are and what cookie treats you would be preparing for the festive season!
Remember, by making your own cookies at home you can make them much healthier than shop bought ones, but even homemade cookies are for a treat and not to be eaten everyday! If you are planning to get busy baking some more in the kitchen this holiday, check out this article for some top tips!
Community Cookie Creations
•Kim Gerber (1) Healthy Holiday cut-out sugar cookies, get the recipe here.
• Karen Humphrey (2) Ginger Cookies
• Thippi Fleckenstein (3) Oatmeal cookies with added dried cherries & berry glazed muffins
• Lunchalicious (4)Oatmeal and raisin cookies with a few choc chips
• Kim Gerber (5) Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies made with whole wheat flour, raw sugar and flax - these healthier cranberry cookies won one of the top ten spots in the L.A. Times Food Holiday Cookie Bake-Off, out of over 200 entries! Look out for the recipe in the LA Times Food Section December 15th!
• Azucar Glass (6) Ginger Bread Men
The Food Revolution Team (7) also got baking this week, making oatmeal and raisin cookies with some added coconut!
Share With Us Your Festive Feasts!
Thanks to everyone for joining this week’s cook-off! Over the next few weeks we want to see all your Christmas food creations! Whatever you are cooking over the festive season, holiday party food, Christmas day feasts or leftover creations, share with us the good food you will be celebrating with this year! Upload all your foodie photos and recipes suggestions on our Food Revolution community wall and share the festive cheer!
Looking for some new festive recipes for this holiday season? Create, or donate to, a Food Revolution Holiday Wish and you will receive EXCLUSIVE holiday recipes donated from Jamie Oliver himself!
The Food Revolution Team
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!