Food Revolution Christmas Cookie Bake Off!Thu 15 Dec 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The holiday season is here, and with it comes many parties, so this week, for a party treat our Food Revolution recipe was our Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies! We wanted to know what your favorite cookie recipes are and what cookie treats you would be preparing for the festive season!
Remember, by making your own cookies at home you can make them much healthier than shop bought ones, but even homemade cookies are for a treat and not to be eaten everyday! If you are planning to get busy baking some more in the kitchen this holiday, check out this article for some top tips!
Community Cookie Creations
•Kim Gerber (1) Healthy Holiday cut-out sugar cookies, get the recipe here.
• Karen Humphrey (2) Ginger Cookies
• Thippi Fleckenstein (3) Oatmeal cookies with added dried cherries & berry glazed muffins
• Lunchalicious (4)Oatmeal and raisin cookies with a few choc chips
• Kim Gerber (5) Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies made with whole wheat flour, raw sugar and flax - these healthier cranberry cookies won one of the top ten spots in the L.A. Times Food Holiday Cookie Bake-Off, out of over 200 entries! Look out for the recipe in the LA Times Food Section December 15th!
• Azucar Glass (6) Ginger Bread Men
The Food Revolution Team (7) also got baking this week, making oatmeal and raisin cookies with some added coconut!
Share With Us Your Festive Feasts!
Thanks to everyone for joining this week’s cook-off! Over the next few weeks we want to see all your Christmas food creations! Whatever you are cooking over the festive season, holiday party food, Christmas day feasts or leftover creations, share with us the good food you will be celebrating with this year! Upload all your foodie photos and recipes suggestions on our Food Revolution community wall and share the festive cheer!
Looking for some new festive recipes for this holiday season? Create, or donate to, a Food Revolution Holiday Wish and you will receive EXCLUSIVE holiday recipes donated from Jamie Oliver himself!
The Food Revolution Team
- Behind Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council