Food Revolution Competwition #2Wed 04 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Each week the Food Revolution is hosting a competition on Twitter to get the creative juices flowing around a Food Revolution recipe and your own creations. The theme this week was salads, try our caesar salad and see the winner and best of the rest below for other tasty ideas. The winner receives a signed book from Jamie and one of his much loved trucker caps. Find out about next week’s competwition below.
Competwition #2: Tuesday May 3 2011 6pm PST / 9pm EST
FoodRevTeam Food Revolution Team #FoodRevComp Q - What would be in ur perfect salad and what would you call it? http://bit.ly/jf3A6n Win signed book and cap! #foodrevolution
bentofabulous Stephanie Rempe #foodrevcomp fresh picked baby greens, thin red onion, crumbled feta w/ honey balsamic vinaigrette. - name-Sweet Spring @FoodRevTeam
BEST OF THE REST
• Breakfast Salad
kristilyn_r Kristilyn Robertson @FoodRevTeam Lightly steamed green beans, heirloom tomatoes, asparagus & spinach topped w/lemon & poached egg. Breakfast Salad. #FoodRevComp
• Rocket Launch
katehoppe Kate Hoppe #FoodRevComp Fave Salad: Arugula, shaved fennel, shaved peccorino, and toasted hazelnuts with a hazelnut oil and champagne vinegar dressing! Name: Rocket Launch
• South of the Border Grilled Corn Salad
JaimeMorlin Jaime Morlin@FoodRevTeam South of the Border Grilled Corn Salad- Grilled Corn, Grape Tomatoes, Feta, Cilantro, Lime, Cumin, Oilve Oil #Foodrevcomp
JennHulb Jenn Hulbert #FoodRevComp Edamame, spinach, red bell pepper, avocado, walnuts, feta, ginger vinaigrette - EdaYUMe. @FoodRevTeam
• Mexican Veg
Ashleyness683 Ashley Lehmann Mexican Veg: Green leaf, Romaine, sautéed portobello, tomato, bell peppers, black beans, corn & avocado w/salsa as dressing. #foodrevcomp
• Protein Punch
katehoppe Kate Hoppe 1 more! Protein Punch: Mxd greens, shaved carrot & beans over quinoa w/ raspberry vinaigrette. @dallassinglemom This is vegan. #FoodRevComp
• Sundried tomato salad
Boston2Berkeley Beth Carroll @FoodRevTeam perfect salad has spinach, roasted fingerling potatoes, sundried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts #foodrevcomp “Sundried tomato salad” (admits she’s not that creative with her name)
• Over the Rainbow
RnbowPlate Janet Nezon Over the rainbow: chickpeas & toasted almonds on shredded kale, grated beets & carrots, yellow peppers with garlic vinaigrette #foodrevcomp
• Everything but the Kitchen Sink
shelissacook Shelissa Cook @FoodRevTeam everything but the kitchen sink- mesculin (lettuce) sliced almonds apples dried cranberries gorgonzola raspberry vinaigrette #foodrevcomp
• Kara’s Fabulous Salad
KaraHance Kara Hance #FoodRevComp "Kara's fabulous salad" rocket, butter lettuce, sprouts, red onion, carrots, roasted pepper,HB egg, lemon juice, olive oil, s&p
Next Competwition: Tuesday May 10 2011 6pm PST / 9pm EST
The Food Revolution Team
FB: Food Revolution Community
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013