Food Revolution Competwition #3Wed 11 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Our third Food Revolution Competition on Twitter was as busy as ever with this week’s theme around the best side dish for our delicious crunchy garlic chicken recipe – surely evidence that fast food can be good food! Download and cook this recipe then post it on the Food Revolution Community page – we’ll be posting our Food Revolution Team creation on Friday so keep a look out. See our chosen ‘best side dish’ winner below, plus the best of the rest, all great ideas for your next kitchen creation. The winner receives a signed book from Jamie, if you missed out this week, don’ worry; see next week’s competwition at the bottom.
Competwition #3: Tuesday May 10 2011 6pm PST / 9pm EST
FoodRevTeam Food Revolution Team What would be your perfect side dish to go with our delicious Crunchy Garlic Chicken? http://bit.ly/j5f8Su #FoodRevComp #FoodRevolution
Sautéed Broccoli Salad
Johane_Levesque Johane Levesque @FoodRevTeam #FoodRevComp light sautéed broccoli w/sprinkle of lemon and couscous salad w/diced tricolour bell peppers sprinkled w/gr onions
BEST OF THE REST
• Raw Crunchy Salad
misssvea Svea @FoodRevTeam a great raw crunchy slaw of cabbage, beets, carrots, grapes, sunflower seeds w/ light vinaigrette #FoodRevComp
• Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower
JennLStevens Jennifer Stevens @FoodRevTeam - My side would be Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower. Perfect way to sneak in the veggies! #FoodRevComp
• Artichokes are Fun Too
EFFBlog Eco-Friendly Family Artichokes are fun too (our kids love eating the petals!) I steam them with some olive oil, sea salt & pepper. #FoodRevComp
• Cauliflower Curry
OutoftheBoxFood Kim Gerber Or how about Cauliflower Curry - Cauliflower tossed with curry, cumin, coriander, red wine vinegar, olive oil then roasted. #foodrevcomp
• Confetti Quinoa
MotherBlanker Jordan Anderson @FoodRevTeam: confetti quinoa-quinoa cooked in veg stock,w/diced red onion,red/green peppers,peas, toss w/lemon&citrus olive oil #FoodRevComp
• Fiber Fruit and Rice
DietitianAlli Allison Loyd @FoodRevTeam my side choice would be wild rice pilaf and pineapple/ strawberry/orange skewers with yogurt dipping sauce! FIBER!#FoodRevComp
• Floating Taste
claudiaclaudia i'm a dinosaur @FoodRevTeam "Floating Taste": asparagus and palm hearts baked with herbs and olive oil. #FoodRevComp
• Asparagus, Beer and Honey Rice
Nyaette Sara @FoodRevTeam basmati rice sauteed with some cilantro, green onions and asparagus, topped with a reduction of beer and honey #FoodRevComp
• Divine Kale & Chard
mbnd96 MaryBeth @FoodRevTeam #seaonal Fresh baby kale & swish chard braised in olive oil, garlic and maple garlic pepper seasoning. Divine. #FoodRevComp
• Baby Potatoes
KarmicEvolution Jodi S @FoodRevTeam baby potatoes halved, olive oil, shredded cheese, diced onion & pepper, garlic, wrap in foil. Heat 375 30min #foodrevcomp
Next Competwition: Tuesday May 17 2011 6pm PST / 9pm EST
The Food Revolution Team
FB: Food Revolution Community
- Students Cook For The Homeless On Food Revolution Day
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home