Food Revolution Competwition #5Wed 25 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
It was all about kebabs this week at our Food Revolution Competition with our Chicken Kebab recipe for inspiration we want you to cook this, or your own versions, and post your photos on the Food Revolution Community page – we’ll be posting our Food Revolution Team creation on Friday so keep a look out. See our kebab winner plus the best of the rest for some great bbq and grilling ideas. The winner receives a signed book from Jamie, if you missed out this week, don’ worry; see next week’s competwition details below.
Competwition #5: Tuesday May 24th 2011 6pm PST / 9pm EST
Gearing up for BBQ season – what would be your perfect kebab combo & what would you call it? http://bit.ly/iGkzz1’ #foodrevcomp
Greek Lamb Lipsmackers
@jaimemorlin @FoodRevTeam Greek Lamb Lipsmackers- Lamb w/ olive oil, S&P grilled w/ mint greek yogurt sauce-yogurt, garlic, mint, lemon jce #FoodRevComp
BEST OF THE REST
• Classic Kebab
@adamstable cherry tomato, onion, beef. cooked well (onions caramelized) with olive oil and red wine vinegar. classic kebab. #foodRevComp
• Carribean Delight
@jaimemorlin @FoodRevTeam Carribean Delight! Grilled Pineapple basted with a reduced brown sugar/ rum sauce. Yummmm #FoodRevComp
• Kid’s Kebab
@OutoftheBoxFood Kid's build their own w/ fresh choices like sweet potato, zucchini, onion, mushroom, cherry tomato, eggplant #foodRevComp
• Simple Mediterranean
@missvea @FoodRevTeam lovely tomato, haloumi, basil, halibut for a Simple Mediterranean kebab #FoodRevComp #foodrevolution
• Les Fruits de Mer
@Ironchefette my signature kebabs are made w shrimp, scallops, pineapple, red pepper, red onion, &strawberries. Called Les Fruits de Mer #foodRevComp
• The Mob Kebab
@DreanaMom Group effort, The Mob Kebab: meatballs, tomatoes, onions, green/yellow peppers served with pasta for "the family". #FoodRevComp @RecipeDiva
@luanneiv A firm sustainable white fish (cod), Atualfo mangoes, grape tomatoes with Cilantro dipping sauce Call it Beach-Bob #FoodRevComp
• BBQ Magic
@OutoftheBoxFood 7yr old's submission - "BBQ Magic"-shrimp marinated in olive oil, scallion, S&P with eggplant & mushroom #FoodRevComp
• Seafood Delight
@PeachyPhotos I would love a Seafood Delight kebab after our Texas coastal vacation last week: shrimp, salmon, red peppers, & red onions. #FoodRevComp
• Shrimp of the Barbie
@RecipeDiva Kebab: "Shrimp of the Barbie"-just shrimp marinated in lemon, butter, fresh herbs, garlic & olive oil, all on a skewer. #FoodRevComp
Next Competwition: Tuesday May 31 2011 6pm PST / 9pm EST
The Food Revolution Team
FB: Food Revolution Community
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013