Food Revolution Cook Off #2Thu 19 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Recipe of the week: Crunchy Garlic Chicken
Each week, the Food Revolution launch a recipe of the week, one of our delicious and nutritionally checked recipes which are available for you to download and make at home. We’ll then follow up with the best creations in an article each week.
This week’s recipe was the Food Revolution’s Crunchy Garlic Chicken. We asked our Food Revolutionaries to download this recipe, make it at home and upload a photo onto our Food Revolution Community page, where we saw some delicious looking photos!
Elizabeth Ann South Garcia – crunchy garlic chicken served with orzo salad stuffed tomato (1)
BEST OF THE REST
• Live Inspired Today - Gluten-Free Crunchy Garlic Chicken made with local Meyer Lemons and served over a bed of local produce (2)
• Mara Jade - Crunchy Garlic chicken served with chopped tomatoes and a wedge of lemon (3)
• Julie Faulkner - Veggie option – Crunchy Garlic Baked Eggplant (4)
The Food Revolution team also made Crunchy Garlic Chicken (5), served with the winning side dish from last week’s twitter competwition, Sautéed Broccoli Salad – light sautéed broccoli with a sprinkle of lemon and couscous salad with diced tricolor bell peppers sprinkled with green onions.
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can join in on this week’s Food Revolution Recipe:
Our recipe for this week is our lovely Omelets, which are tasty and really quick to make. So this weekend why not make your own omelets, take a photo and upload it onto our community page!
A simple omelet is delicious but if you want to mix things up and add some extra ingredients there are some great ideas following this week’s twitter party in which the question asked was ‘What fillings would you add to make your perfect omelet and what would you call it?’. You can check out the winning omelet and the best of the rest in this article here.
We, the Food Revolution team, will also be making a variety of omelets, some of our own and also some of the best omelets from the twitter competwition – so check the Food Revolution Community page to see our photos.
Thanks to all who contributed and made the Crunchy Garlic Chicken, we can’t wait to see your Omelet photos this week!
The Food Revolution Team
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!
- Are You Fed Up?
- Steal My Meals - A Natural Extension To A Love Of Cooking
- Getting Kids Excited About Real Food In Sweden