Food Revolution Cook Off #2Thu 19 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Recipe of the week: Crunchy Garlic Chicken
Each week, the Food Revolution launch a recipe of the week, one of our delicious and nutritionally checked recipes which are available for you to download and make at home. We’ll then follow up with the best creations in an article each week.
This week’s recipe was the Food Revolution’s Crunchy Garlic Chicken. We asked our Food Revolutionaries to download this recipe, make it at home and upload a photo onto our Food Revolution Community page, where we saw some delicious looking photos!
Elizabeth Ann South Garcia – crunchy garlic chicken served with orzo salad stuffed tomato (1)
BEST OF THE REST
• Live Inspired Today - Gluten-Free Crunchy Garlic Chicken made with local Meyer Lemons and served over a bed of local produce (2)
• Mara Jade - Crunchy Garlic chicken served with chopped tomatoes and a wedge of lemon (3)
• Julie Faulkner - Veggie option – Crunchy Garlic Baked Eggplant (4)
The Food Revolution team also made Crunchy Garlic Chicken (5), served with the winning side dish from last week’s twitter competwition, Sautéed Broccoli Salad – light sautéed broccoli with a sprinkle of lemon and couscous salad with diced tricolor bell peppers sprinkled with green onions.
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can join in on this week’s Food Revolution Recipe:
Our recipe for this week is our lovely Omelets, which are tasty and really quick to make. So this weekend why not make your own omelets, take a photo and upload it onto our community page!
A simple omelet is delicious but if you want to mix things up and add some extra ingredients there are some great ideas following this week’s twitter party in which the question asked was ‘What fillings would you add to make your perfect omelet and what would you call it?’. You can check out the winning omelet and the best of the rest in this article here.
We, the Food Revolution team, will also be making a variety of omelets, some of our own and also some of the best omelets from the twitter competwition – so check the Food Revolution Community page to see our photos.
Thanks to all who contributed and made the Crunchy Garlic Chicken, we can’t wait to see your Omelet photos this week!
The Food Revolution Team
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine