Food Revolution Cook Off #2Thu 19 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Recipe of the week: Crunchy Garlic Chicken
Each week, the Food Revolution launch a recipe of the week, one of our delicious and nutritionally checked recipes which are available for you to download and make at home. We’ll then follow up with the best creations in an article each week.
This week’s recipe was the Food Revolution’s Crunchy Garlic Chicken. We asked our Food Revolutionaries to download this recipe, make it at home and upload a photo onto our Food Revolution Community page, where we saw some delicious looking photos!
Elizabeth Ann South Garcia – crunchy garlic chicken served with orzo salad stuffed tomato (1)
BEST OF THE REST
• Live Inspired Today - Gluten-Free Crunchy Garlic Chicken made with local Meyer Lemons and served over a bed of local produce (2)
• Mara Jade - Crunchy Garlic chicken served with chopped tomatoes and a wedge of lemon (3)
• Julie Faulkner - Veggie option – Crunchy Garlic Baked Eggplant (4)
The Food Revolution team also made Crunchy Garlic Chicken (5), served with the winning side dish from last week’s twitter competwition, Sautéed Broccoli Salad – light sautéed broccoli with a sprinkle of lemon and couscous salad with diced tricolor bell peppers sprinkled with green onions.
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can join in on this week’s Food Revolution Recipe:
Our recipe for this week is our lovely Omelets, which are tasty and really quick to make. So this weekend why not make your own omelets, take a photo and upload it onto our community page!
A simple omelet is delicious but if you want to mix things up and add some extra ingredients there are some great ideas following this week’s twitter party in which the question asked was ‘What fillings would you add to make your perfect omelet and what would you call it?’. You can check out the winning omelet and the best of the rest in this article here.
We, the Food Revolution team, will also be making a variety of omelets, some of our own and also some of the best omelets from the twitter competwition – so check the Food Revolution Community page to see our photos.
Thanks to all who contributed and made the Crunchy Garlic Chicken, we can’t wait to see your Omelet photos this week!
The Food Revolution Team
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- April’s Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem