Food Revolution Cook Off #2Thu 19 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Recipe of the week: Crunchy Garlic Chicken
Each week, the Food Revolution launch a recipe of the week, one of our delicious and nutritionally checked recipes which are available for you to download and make at home. We’ll then follow up with the best creations in an article each week.
This week’s recipe was the Food Revolution’s Crunchy Garlic Chicken. We asked our Food Revolutionaries to download this recipe, make it at home and upload a photo onto our Food Revolution Community page, where we saw some delicious looking photos!
Elizabeth Ann South Garcia – crunchy garlic chicken served with orzo salad stuffed tomato (1)
BEST OF THE REST
• Live Inspired Today - Gluten-Free Crunchy Garlic Chicken made with local Meyer Lemons and served over a bed of local produce (2)
• Mara Jade - Crunchy Garlic chicken served with chopped tomatoes and a wedge of lemon (3)
• Julie Faulkner - Veggie option – Crunchy Garlic Baked Eggplant (4)
The Food Revolution team also made Crunchy Garlic Chicken (5), served with the winning side dish from last week’s twitter competwition, Sautéed Broccoli Salad – light sautéed broccoli with a sprinkle of lemon and couscous salad with diced tricolor bell peppers sprinkled with green onions.
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can join in on this week’s Food Revolution Recipe:
Our recipe for this week is our lovely Omelets, which are tasty and really quick to make. So this weekend why not make your own omelets, take a photo and upload it onto our community page!
A simple omelet is delicious but if you want to mix things up and add some extra ingredients there are some great ideas following this week’s twitter party in which the question asked was ‘What fillings would you add to make your perfect omelet and what would you call it?’. You can check out the winning omelet and the best of the rest in this article here.
We, the Food Revolution team, will also be making a variety of omelets, some of our own and also some of the best omelets from the twitter competwition – so check the Food Revolution Community page to see our photos.
Thanks to all who contributed and made the Crunchy Garlic Chicken, we can’t wait to see your Omelet photos this week!
The Food Revolution Team
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!