Food Revolution Cook Off #3Wed 25 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Recipe of the week: Omelets
This week the Food Revolution recipe of the week was omelets, a simple and easy dish to cook and adapt with some delicious fillings. All of our recipes are nutritionally checked, you can find them all here ready for you to download and make at home.
We asked our Food Revolutionaries to download this super-quick and tasty omelets recipe and make it at home and upload a photo onto our Food Revolution Community page, there were some great results that you can see in the image above, find out more below!
Sharizat Shakmanova – Omelet with sun dried tomatoes, cilantro and green onions (1)
BEST OF THE REST
• Out of the Box, Kim Gerber - 'The tasty omelet' - bacon, Gruyere cheese, tomatoes and chives (2)
• Candy Miller Belanger - Fresh mushroom, shredded potato and diced ham oven omelet with a bowl of grapes on the side (3)
• Maria Capitulina – Eggs beaten with spinach and herbs before folding, spread thin slices of fresh mozzarella, add smoked salmon on top , the best breakfast (4)
• Amy Stŏll, sautéed mushrooms and onions sprinkled inside with quality white cheddar cheese, topped off with seasonally ripe tomatoes, a drizzle of sour cream and lime juice and lastly a toss of oregano. Served on a bed of gorgeous and peppery arugula greens (5)
The Food Revolution team also made omelets (6). We mixed things up a bit and made 4 varieties of omelets, all of which were really tasty and quick to make. We firstly made the winning omelet from last week’s competwition – ‘Tender Vixen’: 3 eggs whipped with diced chives, with grilled asparagus with butter and sea salt folded in with crumbled feta. We also made a bacon and tomato omelet, a courgette and parmesan omelet & a good old mushroom omelet.
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can join in on this week’s Food Revolution Recipe:
Our recipe for this week is our chicken kebabs. So this holiday weekend, why not get your family and friends together and try out these delicious kebabs. If you’re looking for some inspiration for your kebabs there are some great ideas following this week’s twitter competwition in which the question asked was ‘What would you put on your kebab and what would you call it?’. You can check out the winning kebab and the best of the rest in this article.
We, the Food Revolution team, will also be making some kebabs, including the winning kebab from the twitter competwition – so check the Food Revolution Community page to see our photos.
Thanks to all who contributed and made the omelets, we can’t wait to see all your kebab photos this week!
The Food Revolution Team
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions