Food Revolution Cook Off #4: KebabsThu 02 Jun 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Recipe of the week: Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs
This week’s Food Revolution recipe of the week was our Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs, not only was this our special Memorial Day recipe, but kebabs are also great for BBQ’s which is perfect as we gear up for the summer season!
We asked our Food Revolutionaries to download this light and tasty kebab recipe, make it at home and upload a photo onto our Food Revolution Community page, where we also uploaded our photos.
Julie Faulkner Chicken, grape tomatoes, purple onions, fennel, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow and red pepper kebabs (6)
BEST OF THE REST
• Elizabeth Ann South Garcia Chargrilled chicken kabobs on flatbread with frisée and grilled pineapple (5)
• Sharizat Shakmanova Lavender Lamb Kabobs (3)
• Rodney Conway Ciliantro Lime Chicken Kabobs with Black Beans (1)
• Alicia Rennels Chargrilled chicken kebabs with veggies and a corn and black bean salad (2)
The Food Revolution team made a variety of delicious kebabs (4)! We made chargrilled chicken kebabs, served them with flat breads, arugula and a tomato salsa and the winning kebab from last week’s competwition – Greek Lamb Lipsmackers – Lamb with olive oil and salt and pepper grilled with mint Greek yogurt sauce – yogurt, garlic, mint, and lemon juice.
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can still join the fun and make this week’s Food Revolution recipe:
This week our recipe is in line with our theme of good fast food and we are asking our Food Revolutionaries to download and make our potatoes wedges – with just a splash of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper you can make these delicious oven baked wedges – a great alternative to fries!
We'll also be trying out this great fast food option and will be posting our photos on the Facebook community page, so keep an eye out for our wedges!
Thanks to all who contributed and made these delicious kebabs, we can’t wait to see all your potato creations this week!
The Food Revolution Team
Food Revolution Community
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- April’s Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem