Food Revolution Cook Off #4: KebabsThu 02 Jun 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Recipe of the week: Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs
This week’s Food Revolution recipe of the week was our Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs, not only was this our special Memorial Day recipe, but kebabs are also great for BBQ’s which is perfect as we gear up for the summer season!
We asked our Food Revolutionaries to download this light and tasty kebab recipe, make it at home and upload a photo onto our Food Revolution Community page, where we also uploaded our photos.
Julie Faulkner Chicken, grape tomatoes, purple onions, fennel, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow and red pepper kebabs (6)
BEST OF THE REST
• Elizabeth Ann South Garcia Chargrilled chicken kabobs on flatbread with frisée and grilled pineapple (5)
• Sharizat Shakmanova Lavender Lamb Kabobs (3)
• Rodney Conway Ciliantro Lime Chicken Kabobs with Black Beans (1)
• Alicia Rennels Chargrilled chicken kebabs with veggies and a corn and black bean salad (2)
The Food Revolution team made a variety of delicious kebabs (4)! We made chargrilled chicken kebabs, served them with flat breads, arugula and a tomato salsa and the winning kebab from last week’s competwition – Greek Lamb Lipsmackers – Lamb with olive oil and salt and pepper grilled with mint Greek yogurt sauce – yogurt, garlic, mint, and lemon juice.
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can still join the fun and make this week’s Food Revolution recipe:
This week our recipe is in line with our theme of good fast food and we are asking our Food Revolutionaries to download and make our potatoes wedges – with just a splash of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper you can make these delicious oven baked wedges – a great alternative to fries!
We'll also be trying out this great fast food option and will be posting our photos on the Facebook community page, so keep an eye out for our wedges!
Thanks to all who contributed and made these delicious kebabs, we can’t wait to see all your potato creations this week!
The Food Revolution Team
Food Revolution Community
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!
- The Mount Desert Island Hospital Food Revolution Heats Up
- Big Changes In UK School Food
- More Outdoor Dining Moments From Across The Globe
- September Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A