Food Revolution Cook Off #4: KebabsThu 02 Jun 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Recipe of the week: Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs
This week’s Food Revolution recipe of the week was our Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs, not only was this our special Memorial Day recipe, but kebabs are also great for BBQ’s which is perfect as we gear up for the summer season!
We asked our Food Revolutionaries to download this light and tasty kebab recipe, make it at home and upload a photo onto our Food Revolution Community page, where we also uploaded our photos.
Julie Faulkner Chicken, grape tomatoes, purple onions, fennel, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow and red pepper kebabs (6)
BEST OF THE REST
• Elizabeth Ann South Garcia Chargrilled chicken kabobs on flatbread with frisée and grilled pineapple (5)
• Sharizat Shakmanova Lavender Lamb Kabobs (3)
• Rodney Conway Ciliantro Lime Chicken Kabobs with Black Beans (1)
• Alicia Rennels Chargrilled chicken kebabs with veggies and a corn and black bean salad (2)
The Food Revolution team made a variety of delicious kebabs (4)! We made chargrilled chicken kebabs, served them with flat breads, arugula and a tomato salsa and the winning kebab from last week’s competwition – Greek Lamb Lipsmackers – Lamb with olive oil and salt and pepper grilled with mint Greek yogurt sauce – yogurt, garlic, mint, and lemon juice.
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can still join the fun and make this week’s Food Revolution recipe:
This week our recipe is in line with our theme of good fast food and we are asking our Food Revolutionaries to download and make our potatoes wedges – with just a splash of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper you can make these delicious oven baked wedges – a great alternative to fries!
We'll also be trying out this great fast food option and will be posting our photos on the Facebook community page, so keep an eye out for our wedges!
Thanks to all who contributed and made these delicious kebabs, we can’t wait to see all your potato creations this week!
The Food Revolution Team
Food Revolution Community
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table