Food Revolution Cook-Off: Baked White FishFri 25 Nov 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This week our Food Revolution Cook-Off was based on a totally new theme, fish! We asked our Food Revolution community to either try out our Baked White Fish recipe or share with us their own favourite fish recipes.
It’s never too late to start eating more fish, it’s full of goodness, great for developing bodies and brains, and has a delicious delicate flavour so doesn’t need to be coated in calorie rich flavours and sauces in order to taste good.
When buying fish it’s important to remember, when possible, to buy good quality fish from your local fish monger or grocery store. If you’re not so keen on fish, our Baked White Fish recipe can easily be adapted to use with anything from pasta to chicken and will give you a tasty new dish to try with the family.
Some Of The Best Fish Recipes From The Community
• Tracy Wood Oh My Gosh! This fish recipe is excellent! Thanks Food Rev Team! Easy. Healthy. Tasty. Fresh. Beautiful. I used the last bit of fresh parsley from my garden instead of basil..... fantastic. (1)
• Almudena Santiago Baked cod with black olive crust (2)
• Vanessa Bibaz Bodman Here is a Fish Recipe that I made for Lunch....Fresh Tilapia Burritos! With White Onion, Lettuce, shredded Pepper Jack, Chipotle Sour Cream sauce and a squeeze of lemon! (3)
• Amy Bronee Sweet Ginger Glazed Salmon, get the recipe here
• Although not fish, the Snohomish Food Revolution cooked up a delicious seafood dish with fresh local crab over baby greens with tomato and avacado and homemade mustard-lemon-evoo dressing.
The Food Revolution team made cod poached in milk on a slow cooked chorizo and white bean soup (4) - made with paprika, onion, garlic, pepper, vegetable stock, chorizo, tomato puree and white beans.
The Holiday Season Has Arrived!
This week the Food Revolution cook-off is all about the Holiday Season and Thanksgiving! We want to know what you made for Thanksgiving and what you’ll be making for other Holiday celebrations, upload all your photos and recipes on the Food Revolution Community page.
Don’t forget you can make some great dishes out of the leftovers, so be sure to snap a photo of leftover creations and add these here too!
If you are looking for a unique way to give to your loved ones this year then why not give the gift of cooking! By creating a Holiday Wish for the Food Revolution you’ll receive EXCLUSIVE Holiday recipes! Find out more here.
The Food Revolution Team
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill