Food Revolution Cook-Off: Baked White FishFri 25 Nov 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This week our Food Revolution Cook-Off was based on a totally new theme, fish! We asked our Food Revolution community to either try out our Baked White Fish recipe or share with us their own favourite fish recipes.
Itís never too late to start eating more fish, itís full of goodness, great for developing bodies and brains, and has a delicious delicate flavour so doesnít need to be coated in calorie rich flavours and sauces in order to taste good.
When buying fish itís important to remember, when possible, to buy good quality fish from your local fish monger or grocery store. If youíre not so keen on fish, our Baked White Fish recipe can easily be adapted to use with anything from pasta to chicken and will give you a tasty new dish to try with the family.
Some Of The Best Fish Recipes From The Community
ē Tracy Wood Oh My Gosh! This fish recipe is excellent! Thanks Food Rev Team! Easy. Healthy. Tasty. Fresh. Beautiful. I used the last bit of fresh parsley from my garden instead of basil..... fantastic. (1)
ē Almudena Santiago Baked cod with black olive crust (2)
ē Vanessa Bibaz Bodman Here is a Fish Recipe that I made for Lunch....Fresh Tilapia Burritos! With White Onion, Lettuce, shredded Pepper Jack, Chipotle Sour Cream sauce and a squeeze of lemon! (3)
ē Amy Bronee Sweet Ginger Glazed Salmon, get the recipe here
ē Although not fish, the Snohomish Food Revolution cooked up a delicious seafood dish with fresh local crab over baby greens with tomato and avacado and homemade mustard-lemon-evoo dressing.
The Food Revolution team made cod poached in milk on a slow cooked chorizo and white bean soup (4) - made with paprika, onion, garlic, pepper, vegetable stock, chorizo, tomato puree and white beans.
The Holiday Season Has Arrived!
This week the Food Revolution cook-off is all about the Holiday Season and Thanksgiving! We want to know what you made for Thanksgiving and what youíll be making for other Holiday celebrations, upload all your photos and recipes on the Food Revolution Community page.
Donít forget you can make some great dishes out of the leftovers, so be sure to snap a photo of leftover creations and add these here too!
If you are looking for a unique way to give to your loved ones this year then why not give the gift of cooking! By creating a Holiday Wish for the Food Revolution youíll receive EXCLUSIVE Holiday recipes! Find out more here.
The Food Revolution Team
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- Aprilís Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: Itís Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem