Food Revolution Cook-Off: CookiesThu 04 Aug 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The community went cookie crazy this week and we loved it. We were glad to see the kids getting involved too and some different variations to the oatmeal raisin cookies recipe including adding blueberries, cranberries, chocolate chips or honey.
There were too many cookies to feature them all but here are some of the ones that really caught our eye on the Food Revolution Community page and Twitter, thank you for sharing them with us.
• Amanda Curry Cassie and Maya showcasing winning smiles and gorgeous cookies made with organic apple chunks from our garden and some dried coconut flakes! (1)
• Out of the Box Food Thin & crispy cookies best made with raisin and 72% cacao choc chips. (2)
• Desiree Cantu @HippieKarma Oatmeal cookies made by my husband (3)
• Amanda Curry Preston and Minnie learning how to spoon cookies onto a baking tray (4)
• Courtney Rose Calkins Oatmeal blueberry cookies with old-fashioned oats, whole wheat pastry flour, honey and agave, half canola oil and half butter. (5)
• Thippi Fleckenstein Oatmeal craisin & raisin cookies made by my kids (6)
• Mary Alampi @malampi Little brother making oatmeal cookies (7)
• Nicole Venegas Pinilla Oatmeal Cookies with the recipe in Spanish. (8)
There were also some great vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and egg free options posted as well. Take a look through the gallery. We baked up the Food Revolution Oatmeal Raisin Cookies as well and added some walnuts for extra bite(9).
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can still post your cookie creations on the Food Revolution Community page and join in with this week’s recipe of the week!
This week our recipe is Spinach, Red Onion and Feta Frittata. Think of it as a posh omelette, delicious hot and cold and you can pretty much add any toppings, it’s a great way of adding vegetables to your diet, we always prefer to choose what’s in season. Frittatas are also great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Versatile and delicious!
Get some eggs and your pan ready and remember to upload your frittata photos onto our Facebook Food Revolution Community page or on Twitter (#FoodRevolution @FoodRevTeam). We’ll be posting ours later this week!
Thanks to for all the cookies, yum.
The Food Revolution Team
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food