Food Revolution Cook-Off: CookiesThu 04 Aug 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The community went cookie crazy this week and we loved it. We were glad to see the kids getting involved too and some different variations to the oatmeal raisin cookies recipe including adding blueberries, cranberries, chocolate chips or honey.
There were too many cookies to feature them all but here are some of the ones that really caught our eye on the Food Revolution Community page and Twitter, thank you for sharing them with us.
• Amanda Curry Cassie and Maya showcasing winning smiles and gorgeous cookies made with organic apple chunks from our garden and some dried coconut flakes! (1)
• Out of the Box Food Thin & crispy cookies best made with raisin and 72% cacao choc chips. (2)
• Desiree Cantu @HippieKarma Oatmeal cookies made by my husband (3)
• Amanda Curry Preston and Minnie learning how to spoon cookies onto a baking tray (4)
• Courtney Rose Calkins Oatmeal blueberry cookies with old-fashioned oats, whole wheat pastry flour, honey and agave, half canola oil and half butter. (5)
• Thippi Fleckenstein Oatmeal craisin & raisin cookies made by my kids (6)
• Mary Alampi @malampi Little brother making oatmeal cookies (7)
• Nicole Venegas Pinilla Oatmeal Cookies with the recipe in Spanish. (8)
There were also some great vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and egg free options posted as well. Take a look through the gallery. We baked up the Food Revolution Oatmeal Raisin Cookies as well and added some walnuts for extra bite(9).
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can still post your cookie creations on the Food Revolution Community page and join in with this week’s recipe of the week!
This week our recipe is Spinach, Red Onion and Feta Frittata. Think of it as a posh omelette, delicious hot and cold and you can pretty much add any toppings, it’s a great way of adding vegetables to your diet, we always prefer to choose what’s in season. Frittatas are also great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Versatile and delicious!
Get some eggs and your pan ready and remember to upload your frittata photos onto our Facebook Food Revolution Community page or on Twitter (#FoodRevolution @FoodRevTeam). We’ll be posting ours later this week!
Thanks to for all the cookies, yum.
The Food Revolution Team
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyone’s Revolution: Eating Well For Less
- Make A Healthy Lunch This Food Revolution Day!