Food Revolution Cook-Off: FrittataThu 11 Aug 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Can you believe that this is now our fourteenth Food Revolution cook off which means we have been cooking from scratch and from fresh together for over three months! We are really proud of this and have no intentions of stopping this cooking revolution so get everyone involved and post your pictures on the Food Revolution Community page or on Twitter so that we can track your progress and grow the scratch cooking movement.
This week our recipe of the week was a frittata, the humble egg turned glam in a pan with some delicious additions. The Food Revolution team chose spinach, red onion and feta and the community got creative adding delicious ingredients from zucchini flowers and garlic to tomatoes, rocket and yellow pepper. One of the community members, Thiago, ended up with scrambled egg rather than a frittata but the effort and taste will still be there. It is better to try to cook from scratch and still be able to sit down to a home cooked meal than not to try at all. Check out some of the community contributions below.
BEST FROM THE COMMUNITY
• Out of the Box Food Potato Crusted Frittata with red bliss potatoes, olive oil & sea salt zucchini, red onion and zucchini flowers - Kids helped w/ the recipe...therefore they ate it and learned they liked zucchini! (1)
• Thiago Heilbuth Tomatoes, rocket and chives. My fritatta attempt wasn't all too well. Guess I scrambled it! (2)
• Theresa Vinciguerra Here is what my spinach frittata looks like. Make it like my Italian gran used to do. (3)
• @theErbnGrilla yellow pepper frittata with rustic wholemeal homemade bread (4)
• Tomáš Zajíček My simple frittata, made with young zucchini (sautéed with garlic and rosemary) and zucchini blossoms. (5)
Our team made the Food Revolution Spinach, Red Onion and Feta Frittata(6) with a garnish of feta and red grapes. It was really quick and a great tasty lunch for the team. Check out our team Recipes of the Week album for all of our photos.
Don’t worry if you missed out, you can still post your frittata creations on the Food Revolution Community page and join in with this week’s recipe of the week!
This week our recipe is Chicken Fajitas, a tasty crowd pleaser that everyone can help to make. Its great party food, one person can make the guacamole, another can make the salsa whilst you chop up the chicken and veg ready to grill and have the tortillas ready and warm.
We can’t wait to see your fajitas so remember to upload all your photos onto our facebook Food Revolution Community page or Twitter (@FoodRevTeam). We’ll be posting ours tomorrow!
Thanks to everyone for sharing your frittata recipes.
The Food Revolution Team
- Students Cook For The Homeless On Food Revolution Day
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home