Food Revolution Day 2012Thu 01 Mar 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
Food Revolution Day is Jamie’s first day of action and inaugural global food festival to mark our commitment to food education for a better life.
As we all know, we are amidst an epidemic - obesity and diet related diseases are defining the health of the next generation. We want food education back in schools, universities, homes, communities and businesses. Food Revolution Day aims to educate, empower and inspire people everywhere to stand up for real food. Let’s start a conversation about global and local food issues, ask people to consider their food choices and provide a platform for those with the skills and knowledge about food to pass that along through local events.
Food Revolution Day is on Saturday, 19th May. Events will kick off in schools and businesses on Friday and activities continue through to Sunday, with the focus of action on Saturday.
We will be looking to everyone and anyone who cares about food to step up, get involved and join people around the world by hosting or attending local food events in their community. All funds raised during the campaign will go to impact local and national projects and help us launch a food education movement spearheaded by our annual day of action.
How To Get Involved
We’ve just launched our Food Revolution Day landing page where people can register their interest. By registering you will be kept updated in the lead up to the launch of the full website on April 3rd, and be the first to know once it goes live with lots of exciting features, resources and more information on how to get involved.
You can also apply to be a Food Revolution Day Ambassador or submit an offer of sponsorship or your help for Food Revolution Day through the landing page. Interested? Submit a form and we’ll be in touch with more details!
Jamie’s Foundation Projects
All of Jamie’s foundation projects are supporting Food Revolution Day in the UK, US and Australia. 100% of Food Revolution Day funds raised will go to food education projects through the Jamie Oliver Foundation, a charity registered in England and Wales, the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation in the USA, a non-profit, pending 501(c)(3) status and in Australia, working with The Good Guys and their charitable arm, The Good Foundation, to facilitate and fund our Ministry of Food project.
Register your interest in Food Revolution Day by signing up at www.foodrevolutionday.com to stay up to date. Remember to stay connected through Twitter and Facebook. You can also contact us at FoodRevolution@jamieoliver.com.
Join us on Twitter @FoodRev
Join the conversation with the Facebook Food Revolution Community
We look forward to joining forces with you all on Food Revolution Day!
The Food Revolution Day Team
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’