Food Revolution Day 2013 By The NumbersThu 27 Jun 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
It’s hard to believe it has already been almost six weeks since the second annual Food Revolution Day. Everyday we’re hearing more amazing stories and seeing inspiring photos from activities that took place all around the world.
Here’s a run-down of Food Revolution Day 2013 by the numbers…
1,268 activities in the lead up to, on May 17 and over the weekend
672 public activities
596 private activities
406 activities in the US, 179 activities in the UK, 162 activities in Australia
38% of activities took place in communities, 27% in homes, 23% in the workplace and 12% in schools
5,100 people attended Jamie’s street party in London and 10,000 tuned it to watch the events stream live online
70 million+ social reach of #FRD2013 on twitter during the campaign period
Almost 6 million people reached via our Thunderclap cause: “I’m supporting Food Revolution Day because I believe food education & cooking skills can help save lives #FRD2013”
55 celebrities contributed a video message to the official FRD2013 Supporters video, 37 celebrities supported on twitter
150,000+ posts related to Food Revolution Day across social media
1,100+ photos shared with the Food Revolution Day from activities around the world (see some of the highlights here!)
50+ supporting organisations
2000 people have watched Jamie’s live Google+ hangout
A huge thank you to everyone that got involved and made Food Revolution Day 2013 a day to remember, we can’t wait to see what you have in store next year!
The Food Revolution Team
Photo Credit: James Lyndsay
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!