Food Revolution Day 2013 By The NumbersThu 27 Jun 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
It’s hard to believe it has already been almost six weeks since the second annual Food Revolution Day. Everyday we’re hearing more amazing stories and seeing inspiring photos from activities that took place all around the world.
Here’s a run-down of Food Revolution Day 2013 by the numbers…
1,268 activities in the lead up to, on May 17 and over the weekend
672 public activities
596 private activities
406 activities in the US, 179 activities in the UK, 162 activities in Australia
38% of activities took place in communities, 27% in homes, 23% in the workplace and 12% in schools
5,100 people attended Jamie’s street party in London and 10,000 tuned it to watch the events stream live online
70 million+ social reach of #FRD2013 on twitter during the campaign period
Almost 6 million people reached via our Thunderclap cause: “I’m supporting Food Revolution Day because I believe food education & cooking skills can help save lives #FRD2013”
55 celebrities contributed a video message to the official FRD2013 Supporters video, 37 celebrities supported on twitter
150,000+ posts related to Food Revolution Day across social media
1,100+ photos shared with the Food Revolution Day from activities around the world (see some of the highlights here!)
50+ supporting organisations
2000 people have watched Jamie’s live Google+ hangout
A huge thank you to everyone that got involved and made Food Revolution Day 2013 a day to remember, we can’t wait to see what you have in store next year!
The Food Revolution Team
Photo Credit: James Lyndsay
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!