Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!Thu 16 May 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
CALLING ALL FOOD REVOLUTIONARIES – YOUR DAY HAS COME!
We can’t believe that the second Food Revolution Day is just one day away. There are 1,040+ activities up on the global map and more to come. We’re so excited to see such amazing things happening across the world!
Whether your activity is up and running, your adding it to the map today or if you’re not hosting your own – there are still loads of ways to join in to celebrate good food on Food Revolution Day!
Raise a Ruckus
Help us make a load of noise on social media by making sure all your contacts know about Food Revolution Day - post your comments, photos and video on twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, using #FRD2013.
Download our Food Revolution Day Facebook profile picture and cover image to add to your social spaces and make a statement.
Join our Thunderclap cause and hundreds around the world to send a united message, “I’m supporting Food Revolution Day because I believe in food education & cooking skills can help save lives #FRD2013” altogether at the same time.
Join the Party
Plug in your postal code on our map and find out what Food Revolution Day activities are happening in your area. From community picnics to cooking demos, and educational lectures to fresh food fairs, check out what is happening near you.
Finalise the Extras for Your Activity
Get some last minute ideas for recipes and be sure to cook up a real food feast! Download posters, banners, badges, flyers and graphics from our on-line resource materials. And to add some action to your event, why not watch some Food Revolution videos from community members and supporters across the globe.
Witness the Live Action
Check out the all-day street party outside our London headquarters on Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube. Watch seven hours of live streaming video from chef demos to market stalls and cooking lessons.
Watch Jamie Celebrating LIVE with Food Revolutionaries Worldwide!
Sit in on Jamie’s Google+ chat at 11am PST/ 2pm EST / 7pm UK time with fine folks around the world as they report on their Food Revolution Day events and share their Food Revolution stories with Jamie. Don’t miss this global wrap up when Jamie gets to hear the personal stories that build global community and action. Watch live at www.youtube.com/foodrevolution
Rest well tonight, because tomorrow will be an all-day, full-on global Food Revolution Day celebration!
Here’s to an even bigger and better Food Revolution Day!
The Food Revolution Day Team
Photos: Beatrice Chan, Joelle Gillooly, Giai Forini, Thrish Doheny, Way Ling Wesser
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!