Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!Thu 16 May 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
CALLING ALL FOOD REVOLUTIONARIES Ė YOUR DAY HAS COME!
We canít believe that the second Food Revolution Day is just one day away. There are 1,040+ activities up on the global map and more to come. Weíre so excited to see such amazing things happening across the world!
Whether your activity is up and running, your adding it to the map today or if youíre not hosting your own Ė there are still loads of ways to join in to celebrate good food on Food Revolution Day!
Raise a Ruckus
Help us make a load of noise on social media by making sure all your contacts know about Food Revolution Day - post your comments, photos and video on twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, using #FRD2013.
Download our Food Revolution Day Facebook profile picture and cover image to add to your social spaces and make a statement.
Join our Thunderclap cause and hundreds around the world to send a united message, ďIím supporting Food Revolution Day because I believe in food education & cooking skills can help save lives #FRD2013Ē altogether at the same time.
Join the Party
Plug in your postal code on our map and find out what Food Revolution Day activities are happening in your area. From community picnics to cooking demos, and educational lectures to fresh food fairs, check out what is happening near you.
Finalise the Extras for Your Activity
Get some last minute ideas for recipes and be sure to cook up a real food feast! Download posters, banners, badges, flyers and graphics from our on-line resource materials. And to add some action to your event, why not watch some Food Revolution videos from community members and supporters across the globe.
Witness the Live Action
Check out the all-day street party outside our London headquarters on Jamie Oliverís Food Tube. Watch seven hours of live streaming video from chef demos to market stalls and cooking lessons.
Watch Jamie Celebrating LIVE with Food Revolutionaries Worldwide!
Sit in on Jamieís Google+ chat at 11am PST/ 2pm EST / 7pm UK time with fine folks around the world as they report on their Food Revolution Day events and share their Food Revolution stories with Jamie. Donít miss this global wrap up when Jamie gets to hear the personal stories that build global community and action. Watch live at www.youtube.com/foodrevolution
Rest well tonight, because tomorrow will be an all-day, full-on global Food Revolution Day celebration!
Hereís to an even bigger and better Food Revolution Day!
The Food Revolution Day Team
Photos: Beatrice Chan, Joelle Gillooly, Giai Forini, Thrish Doheny, Way Ling Wesser
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- Aprilís Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: Itís Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem