Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!Thu 16 May 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
CALLING ALL FOOD REVOLUTIONARIES – YOUR DAY HAS COME!
We can’t believe that the second Food Revolution Day is just one day away. There are 1,040+ activities up on the global map and more to come. We’re so excited to see such amazing things happening across the world!
Whether your activity is up and running, your adding it to the map today or if you’re not hosting your own – there are still loads of ways to join in to celebrate good food on Food Revolution Day!
Raise a Ruckus
Help us make a load of noise on social media by making sure all your contacts know about Food Revolution Day - post your comments, photos and video on twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, using #FRD2013.
Download our Food Revolution Day Facebook profile picture and cover image to add to your social spaces and make a statement.
Join our Thunderclap cause and hundreds around the world to send a united message, “I’m supporting Food Revolution Day because I believe in food education & cooking skills can help save lives #FRD2013” altogether at the same time.
Join the Party
Plug in your postal code on our map and find out what Food Revolution Day activities are happening in your area. From community picnics to cooking demos, and educational lectures to fresh food fairs, check out what is happening near you.
Finalise the Extras for Your Activity
Get some last minute ideas for recipes and be sure to cook up a real food feast! Download posters, banners, badges, flyers and graphics from our on-line resource materials. And to add some action to your event, why not watch some Food Revolution videos from community members and supporters across the globe.
Witness the Live Action
Check out the all-day street party outside our London headquarters on Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube. Watch seven hours of live streaming video from chef demos to market stalls and cooking lessons.
Watch Jamie Celebrating LIVE with Food Revolutionaries Worldwide!
Sit in on Jamie’s Google+ chat at 11am PST/ 2pm EST / 7pm UK time with fine folks around the world as they report on their Food Revolution Day events and share their Food Revolution stories with Jamie. Don’t miss this global wrap up when Jamie gets to hear the personal stories that build global community and action. Watch live at www.youtube.com/foodrevolution
Rest well tonight, because tomorrow will be an all-day, full-on global Food Revolution Day celebration!
Here’s to an even bigger and better Food Revolution Day!
The Food Revolution Day Team
Photos: Beatrice Chan, Joelle Gillooly, Giai Forini, Thrish Doheny, Way Ling Wesser
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!
- The Mount Desert Island Hospital Food Revolution Heats Up
- Big Changes In UK School Food
- More Outdoor Dining Moments From Across The Globe
- September Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words