Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!Thu 16 May 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
CALLING ALL FOOD REVOLUTIONARIES – YOUR DAY HAS COME!
We can’t believe that the second Food Revolution Day is just one day away. There are 1,040+ activities up on the global map and more to come. We’re so excited to see such amazing things happening across the world!
Whether your activity is up and running, your adding it to the map today or if you’re not hosting your own – there are still loads of ways to join in to celebrate good food on Food Revolution Day!
Raise a Ruckus
Help us make a load of noise on social media by making sure all your contacts know about Food Revolution Day - post your comments, photos and video on twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, using #FRD2013.
Download our Food Revolution Day Facebook profile picture and cover image to add to your social spaces and make a statement.
Join our Thunderclap cause and hundreds around the world to send a united message, “I’m supporting Food Revolution Day because I believe in food education & cooking skills can help save lives #FRD2013” altogether at the same time.
Join the Party
Plug in your postal code on our map and find out what Food Revolution Day activities are happening in your area. From community picnics to cooking demos, and educational lectures to fresh food fairs, check out what is happening near you.
Finalise the Extras for Your Activity
Get some last minute ideas for recipes and be sure to cook up a real food feast! Download posters, banners, badges, flyers and graphics from our on-line resource materials. And to add some action to your event, why not watch some Food Revolution videos from community members and supporters across the globe.
Witness the Live Action
Check out the all-day street party outside our London headquarters on Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube. Watch seven hours of live streaming video from chef demos to market stalls and cooking lessons.
Watch Jamie Celebrating LIVE with Food Revolutionaries Worldwide!
Sit in on Jamie’s Google+ chat at 11am PST/ 2pm EST / 7pm UK time with fine folks around the world as they report on their Food Revolution Day events and share their Food Revolution stories with Jamie. Don’t miss this global wrap up when Jamie gets to hear the personal stories that build global community and action. Watch live at www.youtube.com/foodrevolution
Rest well tonight, because tomorrow will be an all-day, full-on global Food Revolution Day celebration!
Here’s to an even bigger and better Food Revolution Day!
The Food Revolution Day Team
Photos: Beatrice Chan, Joelle Gillooly, Giai Forini, Thrish Doheny, Way Ling Wesser
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!
- Are You Fed Up?
- Steal My Meals - A Natural Extension To A Love Of Cooking
- Getting Kids Excited About Real Food In Sweden