Food Revolution Day 2014Thu 19 Dec 2013
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
It’s hard to believe that 2013 is almost over, and what an eventful year it has been! One of our highlights has to be the second annual Food Revolution Day, which took place on May 17 2013.
We were proud and pleased to be a part of the day, educating and inspiring people throughout the world to make some noise, stand up for better food education and keep cooking skills alive.
Amazingly there were 1,268 activities that took place for Food Revolution Day in 74 countries across the world! Of these, over 400 activities took place in the U.S., and our global ambassador program headed up much of the rest of activities and made the day a true success.
On social media #FRD2013 reached over 70 million, over 150,000 social media posts about the day were shared and thousands of images where shared from events around the globe.
Find out more about the day and some results here.
Food Revolution Day 2014
The 3rd annual Food Revolution Day will be taking place on Friday May 16 2014 and is about keeping cooking skills alive. It’s a day of global action to raise awareness of the joys of cooking good food and it’s impact on our health and happiness – and we believe that starts with kids.
"Cooking is, without a doubt, one of the most important skills a person can ever learn. Once someone has that knowledge, that's it – they're set for life" Jamie Oliver
We want as many people as possible to get involved and show kids how important cooking skills and food knowledge are. It can be as simple as getting a child to cook a Food Revolution Day recipe, passing on a much-loved recipe or trying a new ingredient.
We need help and support from everyone who believes kids have a right to essential food skills for life so stay tuned for more information and ways to get involved on May 16!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
Images: Left: Ibrahim Utan | Bottom right: Cooking Thyme | Bottom middle: Jennifer Mendez Columbia, Barranquilla
All taken from Food Revolution Day 2013 Album
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council