Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!Wed 25 Jun 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
It’s hard to believe that the 3rd annual Food Revolution Day was already 6 weeks ago. Since then we’ve been busy crunching numbers and gathering results of the many events that take took place around the world, and here they are!
On May 16 2014, a staggering 10,400+ events took place worldwide across 121 countries and territories. Estimates show that the global media reach was in excess of 120 million people and on twitter alone the campaign reached 1 billion people in relation to the official hashtag: #FRD2014.
With the support of TES, we were also able to promote Food Revolution Day to schools worldwide with over 8,400 schools taking part. This figure, plus those who watched Jamie's lesson via Jamie’s Food Tube channel, amounted to over 300,000 individuals joining in!
With the help of Woolworths in Australia, we successfully broke the world record for the “largest cookery event (single venue)” with 2,150 school children learning how to make Jamie’s rainbow salad wrap. We’re still waiting on final numbers for the second Guinness World Record we attempted “most participants in a cookery lesson in 24 hours (multiple venues)” so stay tuned for that!
We could not have achieved these results without your help and support, so a big THANK YOU for helping to make FRD2014 such an incredible success.
Here’s to FRD2015, stay tuned to find out the date and get involved at www.foodrevolutionday.com.
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Photos: April Connell and Ellyn Bicknell in ACT Australia, Patrick Stevenson, Woolworths, Sydney, Australia, Woolworths (newsletter image), Sydney, Australia, Ambassador Beatrice Chan in Hong Kong. Credit Go.Asia, Dhurata Thanasi Albania FR ambassador
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council