Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!Wed 25 Jun 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
It’s hard to believe that the 3rd annual Food Revolution Day was already 6 weeks ago. Since then we’ve been busy crunching numbers and gathering results of the many events that take took place around the world, and here they are!
On May 16 2014, a staggering 10,400+ events took place worldwide across 121 countries and territories. Estimates show that the global media reach was in excess of 120 million people and on twitter alone the campaign reached 1 billion people in relation to the official hashtag: #FRD2014.
With the support of TES, we were also able to promote Food Revolution Day to schools worldwide with over 8,400 schools taking part. This figure, plus those who watched Jamie's lesson via Jamie’s Food Tube channel, amounted to over 300,000 individuals joining in!
With the help of Woolworths in Australia, we successfully broke the world record for the “largest cookery event (single venue)” with 2,150 school children learning how to make Jamie’s rainbow salad wrap. We’re still waiting on final numbers for the second Guinness World Record we attempted “most participants in a cookery lesson in 24 hours (multiple venues)” so stay tuned for that!
We could not have achieved these results without your help and support, so a big THANK YOU for helping to make FRD2014 such an incredible success.
Here’s to FRD2015, stay tuned to find out the date and get involved at www.foodrevolutionday.com.
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Photos: April Connell and Ellyn Bicknell in ACT Australia, Patrick Stevenson, Woolworths, Sydney, Australia, Woolworths (newsletter image), Sydney, Australia, Ambassador Beatrice Chan in Hong Kong. Credit Go.Asia, Dhurata Thanasi Albania FR ambassador
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs