Food Revolution Day Dinner With Some EdThu 17 May 2012
Story by Diane Hatz
Dinner and Some Ed is an effort we began to raise awareness (and to enjoy!) local sustainable food by hosting a meal and showing a TED or TEDx video on food and farming. “Dinner”is a relative term- this can also be done as a brunch, lunch, picnic, or potluck. The key is just to have a computer or a mobile device where you can watch the talks while enjoying delicious, sustainable food.
Dinner and Some Ed came out of a project called Tedibles at TEDActive in Palm Springs, CA, in 2012. It is an effort to bring sustainable food to the extended TED community (meaning anyone who’s ever watched a TED talk).
Food Revolution Day on May 19th is the perfect time to host your first dinner and to join the global movement.
How can you get involved? Simple...
Step 1: Host a Dinner Party on Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution Day site
Step 2: Name your dinner “Food Revolution Dinner and Some Ed”
Step 3: Plan a meal
Step 4: Invite friends
Step 5: Watch TED/TEDx videos
Use your imagination when planning your meal - host a potluck, invite your local farmer, or have guests bring recipes along with their dish and include where they sourced their ingredients. Visit Dinner and Some Ed’s What To Do page for ideas and more information.
Our Pick of the Month videos are:
Jamie Oliver: TED prize wish: Teach every child about food.
Laurie David: Dinner Makes a Difference
Dan Barber: How I Fell in Love with a Fish
Birke Baehr: What’s Wrong with Our Food System
Watch these or your own combination of videos while enjoying some great tasting food, and be sure to check out our site for more information or to submit a review of your dinner!
Brought to you by The Glynwood Institute for Sustainable Food and Farming in support of Food Revolution Day.
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyone’s Revolution: Eating Well For Less
- Make A Healthy Lunch This Food Revolution Day!