Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About FoodThu 03 Apr 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver
Our third annual day of action, Food Revolution Day, is coming up on Friday 16 May and I can’t tell you how excited I am. With events happening around the world, it’s a day to celebrate and shout about how important food education is for everyone. Cooking tasty, nutritious food from scratch is a skill we should all have, and that’s why we want kids more involved this year – it starts with them, after all!
We’ve put together recipes children can pretty much nail on their own (with adult supervision, of course!), as well as dishes that are great for cooking as a family. Plus, as the event is for everyone, we also have recipes for grown-ups who simply want to cook for themselves. And don’t forget, we want to hear all about how you’re getting involved, so make sure you tell us by posting pics and tweeting with the hashtag #FRD2014.
Come and join us on the big day and get cooking!
Big love, Jamie O
The Food Revolution Day website is now live! Visit www.foodrevolutionday.com to find out more about the day, download resources and recipes and register your plans for May 16!
Find out how our global ambassadors have been keeping the Food Revolution going year round in the lead up to FRD2014 here.
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’