Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About FoodThu 03 Apr 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver
Our third annual day of action, Food Revolution Day, is coming up on Friday 16 May and I can’t tell you how excited I am. With events happening around the world, it’s a day to celebrate and shout about how important food education is for everyone. Cooking tasty, nutritious food from scratch is a skill we should all have, and that’s why we want kids more involved this year – it starts with them, after all!
We’ve put together recipes children can pretty much nail on their own (with adult supervision, of course!), as well as dishes that are great for cooking as a family. Plus, as the event is for everyone, we also have recipes for grown-ups who simply want to cook for themselves. And don’t forget, we want to hear all about how you’re getting involved, so make sure you tell us by posting pics and tweeting with the hashtag #FRD2014.
Come and join us on the big day and get cooking!
Big love, Jamie O
The Food Revolution Day website is now live! Visit www.foodrevolutionday.com to find out more about the day, download resources and recipes and register your plans for May 16!
Find out how our global ambassadors have been keeping the Food Revolution going year round in the lead up to FRD2014 here.
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council