Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About FoodThu 03 Apr 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver
Our third annual day of action, Food Revolution Day, is coming up on Friday 16 May and I can’t tell you how excited I am. With events happening around the world, it’s a day to celebrate and shout about how important food education is for everyone. Cooking tasty, nutritious food from scratch is a skill we should all have, and that’s why we want kids more involved this year – it starts with them, after all!
We’ve put together recipes children can pretty much nail on their own (with adult supervision, of course!), as well as dishes that are great for cooking as a family. Plus, as the event is for everyone, we also have recipes for grown-ups who simply want to cook for themselves. And don’t forget, we want to hear all about how you’re getting involved, so make sure you tell us by posting pics and tweeting with the hashtag #FRD2014.
Come and join us on the big day and get cooking!
Big love, Jamie O
The Food Revolution Day website is now live! Visit www.foodrevolutionday.com to find out more about the day, download resources and recipes and register your plans for May 16!
Find out how our global ambassadors have been keeping the Food Revolution going year round in the lead up to FRD2014 here.
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!