Food Revolution FridayFri 16 Apr 2010
Story by Danny McCubbin
With Jamie's Food Revolution due to reach its television conclusion on April 23rd on ABC, celebrities from the world of TV, music and fashion have been signing up to add their names to the growing number of Americans who demand changes in the way America eats.
Stars including P Diddy, Ricky Gervais, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Claudia Schiffer, Kim Kardashian, American Idol star Adam Lambert, Wendy Williams, Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato have all pledged their support to Jamie's petition - online.
Jamie believes that every child in America has the right to fresh, nutritious school meals, and every family deserves real, honest, wholesome food and so far over 281,000 Americans agree with him and have signed the petition.
But Jamie's hoping for 1 million signatures so he's asking everyone today on Food Revolution Friday to help out. So sign the petition and find out how you can make a difference.
About the author: Danny McCubbin is the website editor for JamieOliver.com
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!