Food Revolution FridayFri 16 Apr 2010
Story by Danny McCubbin
With Jamie's Food Revolution due to reach its television conclusion on April 23rd on ABC, celebrities from the world of TV, music and fashion have been signing up to add their names to the growing number of Americans who demand changes in the way America eats.
Stars including P Diddy, Ricky Gervais, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Claudia Schiffer, Kim Kardashian, American Idol star Adam Lambert, Wendy Williams, Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato have all pledged their support to Jamie's petition - online.
Jamie believes that every child in America has the right to fresh, nutritious school meals, and every family deserves real, honest, wholesome food and so far over 281,000 Americans agree with him and have signed the petition.
But Jamie's hoping for 1 million signatures so he's asking everyone today on Food Revolution Friday to help out. So sign the petition and find out how you can make a difference.
About the author: Danny McCubbin is the website editor for JamieOliver.com
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Lady Cakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs
- Yummy Supper: A Vehicle Of Deliciousness
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges