Food Revolution FridayFri 16 Apr 2010
Story by Danny McCubbin
With Jamie's Food Revolution due to reach its television conclusion on April 23rd on ABC, celebrities from the world of TV, music and fashion have been signing up to add their names to the growing number of Americans who demand changes in the way America eats.
Stars including P Diddy, Ricky Gervais, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Claudia Schiffer, Kim Kardashian, American Idol star Adam Lambert, Wendy Williams, Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato have all pledged their support to Jamie's petition - online.
Jamie believes that every child in America has the right to fresh, nutritious school meals, and every family deserves real, honest, wholesome food and so far over 281,000 Americans agree with him and have signed the petition.
But Jamie's hoping for 1 million signatures so he's asking everyone today on Food Revolution Friday to help out. So sign the petition and find out how you can make a difference.
About the author: Danny McCubbin is the website editor for JamieOliver.com
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day