Food Revolution Giving Assistant Winner!Fri 27 Apr 2012
Story by Candice Chavez
As a Graduate student in my final months of my Ph.D. program in neurobiology and behavior, newly engaged and about to move across the country for a new job, I am incredibly busy, but I always try to make time for things that are important to me outside of my work.
One thing that is important to me is to advocate for a healthier lifestyle especially through our food choices. The Food Revolution Giving Assistant made this very easy to achieve. Simply by downloading the Giving Assistant and shopping online as I usually do, I was able to raise money and awareness for a cause that is so very important.
This simple download also led me to win the Food Revolution Giving Assistant grand prize! I never expected to actually win the grand prize. My intentions were purely to use the giving assistant to do my part to raise money for a great cause.
Advocacy For Healthy Eating
Advocacy for healthy eating is important to me because all of my grand-parents were diabetics and in his late 20ís, my brother was also diagnosed as a type II diabetic.
Type II diabetes has run rampant in the nation and it is astonishing that this disease can be prevented if we simply made better food choices. However, the only way we can make better choices, is to know what other options are out there.
The Food Revolution is educating the public about these better options and creating a healthier future for children. That is why I chose to download the giving assistant, to help create a sustainable movement to fight childhood obesity so that our children are not doomed to a lifetime of illness. I am very happy to have won the Food Revolution Giving Assistant grand prize, but I am more proud to be part of a cause that is so very important.
About the author: Candice Chavez is a graduate student finding her Ph.D in neurobiology and behavior
From the Food Revolution Team: The Food Revolution Giving Assistant is a free browser app that allows you to raise funds and help create a sustainable movement to fight obesity, every time you shop online. Once downloaded onto your computer, the free Giving Assistant automatically and effortlessly generates funds as every time you make a purchase with on our online partners, a portion of the proceeds is donated to the Food Revolution. If you havenít already, download this free browser app and start fundraising for free today!
- Catch Up On Jamieís Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Letís Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyoneís Revolution: Eating Well For Less