Food Revolution Season 2 On ABCFri 06 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
If you’ve been wondering where Season 2 of the Food Revolution had gone on ABC do not fear the show is taking a short break following the recent positive events in the Food Revolution in L.A - in particular the superintendent of the LAUSD offering to recommend to the board to remove flavored milk from schools and agreeing to work with Jamie - and will return with all new episodes beginning Friday, June 3rd at 9pm ET/8pm CT. If you’ve missed either of the first two episodes, they will be airing back-to-back on Friday May 27th at 8:00 and 9:00 pm ET (7 and 8 CT) or you can watch them on www.abc.com!
In the meantime check out the many ways that you can get involved with the Food Revolution below.
• Sign Jamie’s petition! We want to reach 1 million. If you’ve already signed ask all of you friends and family to do so as well. Signing up to our newsletters is also a great way to stay informed on all things Food Revolution and receive a roundup of the latest news each week, just fill in the ‘Stay in the loop’ box on the website.
• Join the Food Revolution Community on Facebook for the latest news, actions, announcements and recipe of the week. We want you to download the recipe of the week, cook it and post a picture of your creation on the community wall. This week it’s the delicious Caesar on the Lighter Side, you have until the end of Tuesday each week to post your photo. We’ll be posting our team photo each Friday so check out the Community page for this. We’ll be picking the best ones and featuring them in our weekly newsletter and on the website.
• Check out our Activists map to find a local group in your area to connect with and join their Facebook page. If there isn’t one locally submit a request to create a group and become a local leader. All leaders receive a handy Welcome Toolkit to get them started and all groups receive messages from Jamie and the team, we want you to succeed in your local campaign and will be keeping track of the great work already going on.
• Our Sugary Milk Campaign already has over 48,000 signers, to sign up and find out more about the campaign and milk in schools click here and read about the success in LA so far here.
• Join our weekly Competwitions and Twitter parties on Tuesdays and Wednesdays where the community gets together to talk recipes, school food, cooking, gardening and the Food Revolution campaign. Read some of the conversation from this week’s party and competwition – including this week’s winner!
The Food Revolution Team
Season 2 EP1&2 airing May 27 on ABC 8/7c then weekly on Fridays 9/8c from June 3.
FB: Food Revolution Community
- Orange Soup, Red Apples And Many Vegetables On The Big Rig
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy