Food Revolution Season 2 On ABCFri 06 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
If you’ve been wondering where Season 2 of the Food Revolution had gone on ABC do not fear the show is taking a short break following the recent positive events in the Food Revolution in L.A - in particular the superintendent of the LAUSD offering to recommend to the board to remove flavored milk from schools and agreeing to work with Jamie - and will return with all new episodes beginning Friday, June 3rd at 9pm ET/8pm CT. If you’ve missed either of the first two episodes, they will be airing back-to-back on Friday May 27th at 8:00 and 9:00 pm ET (7 and 8 CT) or you can watch them on www.abc.com!
In the meantime check out the many ways that you can get involved with the Food Revolution below.
• Sign Jamie’s petition! We want to reach 1 million. If you’ve already signed ask all of you friends and family to do so as well. Signing up to our newsletters is also a great way to stay informed on all things Food Revolution and receive a roundup of the latest news each week, just fill in the ‘Stay in the loop’ box on the website.
• Join the Food Revolution Community on Facebook for the latest news, actions, announcements and recipe of the week. We want you to download the recipe of the week, cook it and post a picture of your creation on the community wall. This week it’s the delicious Caesar on the Lighter Side, you have until the end of Tuesday each week to post your photo. We’ll be posting our team photo each Friday so check out the Community page for this. We’ll be picking the best ones and featuring them in our weekly newsletter and on the website.
• Check out our Activists map to find a local group in your area to connect with and join their Facebook page. If there isn’t one locally submit a request to create a group and become a local leader. All leaders receive a handy Welcome Toolkit to get them started and all groups receive messages from Jamie and the team, we want you to succeed in your local campaign and will be keeping track of the great work already going on.
• Our Sugary Milk Campaign already has over 48,000 signers, to sign up and find out more about the campaign and milk in schools click here and read about the success in LA so far here.
• Join our weekly Competwitions and Twitter parties on Tuesdays and Wednesdays where the community gets together to talk recipes, school food, cooking, gardening and the Food Revolution campaign. Read some of the conversation from this week’s party and competwition – including this week’s winner!
The Food Revolution Team
Season 2 EP1&2 airing May 27 on ABC 8/7c then weekly on Fridays 9/8c from June 3.
FB: Food Revolution Community
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council