Food Revolution Season 2 Returns To ABC In AprilThu 24 Mar 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The Emmy Award-winning series, “Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution,” takes on Los Angeles when it returns for its second season on Tuesday, April 12 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.
In this inspiring series Jamie continues his attack on the problems of obesity, heart disease and diabetes in the US, where children are the first generation not expected to live as long as their parents.
Jamie invites viewers to take a stand and change the way they eat in their homes and schools.
In season two’s premiere, Jamie arrives in Los Angeles with his wife, Jools, and their four young children. Though his work last season in Huntington, West Virginia, has yielded successful seeds of change, Jamie wants to raise the stakes by focusing on a much bigger area, Los Angeles.
However, his overtures towards the local officials at the Los Angeles Unified School District are rebuffed, so he must rethink his approach.
He opens Jamie’s Kitchen, located in Westwood, where he’ll provide educational resources and information to help families and individuals combat the obesity epidemic by learning to cook fresh food quickly and inexpensively.
For Jamie's first outreach, he invites parents to bring their kids and their school lunches. Appalled by what he learns, he graphically demonstrates to his audience some of the ingredients in their food.
By the end of the meeting, the parents have rallied to join Jamie to create local change, but are they powerful enough to reverse the school board decision not to let him into their schools?
Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution Season 2 on ABC from Tuesday April 12.
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council