Food Revolution Twitter Party #4Fri 06 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This week’s party conversations were all about community gardens, cooking and kids getting involved with the Food Revolution. Growing food to eat is a great process for kids to be involved with to understand where their food comes from and the reward of eating their own produce, yum! For details on next week’s party see below.
Twitter Party #4: Wednesday May 4th 2011 7pm EST / 4pm PST
Winner of the Food Revolution ‘Salad’ Competwition was announced!
The Winner was Sweet Spring!
bentofabulous Stephanie Rempe #foodrevcomp fresh picked baby greens, thin red onion, crumbled feta w/ honey balsamic vinaigrette. - name-Sweet Spring @FoodRevTeam
Next Competwition is next Tuesday May 10 - 6pm PST / 9pm EST
Q1. Do you have a garden at the school? #foodrevparty
Q2. Have your school kitchens linked up with the garden? Served food made with veggies grown there? #foodrevparty
Q3. Do you guys do any community cooking? If so, where? #foodrevparty
Q4.You guys have a community page? #foodrevparty
Q5. How can kids get involved in the Food Revolution? #foodrevparty
Q6. How many Local FoodRev FB Community Leaders are at the #foodrevparty?
• deeFSU @FoodRevTeam kids like to have a say in what they're eating so just let them choose btwn healthy foods #foodrevparty
• Johane_Levesque: @FoodRevTeam No garden at school. Too cold here. Growing season too short. #foodrevparty
FoodRevTeam Food Revolution Team Even in colder climates, having an indoor garden is possible, though certainly more of a challenge. #foodrevparty
• sctt_hddn: Sm gardens @ home, let the kids choose what they want 2 grow. Show them how 2 start it, then let them do rest #foodrevparty
• eatlivtravwrite@FoodRevTeam #foodrevparty Not sure it counts as "community cooking" but I host a boys' cooking club at my school http://bit.ly/hfen19
• bigguysmama@FoodRevTeam Can't wait until the weather warms up enough to start planting here in MN! #foodrevparty
• kristilyn_rI find growing anything indoors challenging, though some herbs grow quite well. May experiment more this winter. #foodrevparty
Next Party: Wednesday 11th May 2011 7pm PST / 10pm EST
The Food Revolution Team
FB: Food Revolution Community
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays