Food Revolution Twitter Party #7Thu 26 May 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This week’s Food Revolution Twitter party focused onJamie’s Birthday Wish to Spark a Revolution, how our Food Revolutionaries are starting their own campaigns and restoring home cooking! We also wanted to know what your birthday wishes would be… See below for details of next week’s party.
Twitter Party #7: Wednesday May 25th 2011 7pm PST / 10pm EST
Winner of the Food Revolution ‘Perfect Kebab Combo’ Competwition was announced:
Jaime Morlin’s Greek Lamb Lipsmackers
Greek Lamb Lipsmackers. Lamb w/ olive oil, S&P grilled w/ mint greek yogurt sauce-yogurt, garlic, mint, lemon jce.
We’ll be cooking this kebab recipe tomorrow so look out for our photos on the Food Revolution Community page.
Next Competwition is Tuesday June 1st - 6pm PST / 9pm EST
Q1. Jamie’s birthday wish this year is to spark a Food Revolution through the creation on an inspiring training program, how are you sparking your own Food Revolution? #foodrevparty
Q2. We want to make sure that cooking skills are not lost and that the children of America learn to cook, are you learning to cook and sharing your knowledge with others? #foodrevparty
Q3. How are you changing your eating habits and fighting obesity from your kitchen?#foodrevparty
Q4. We want to put cooking back into the community, how are you getting involved in community Food Revolution actions? #foodrevparty
Q5. What would be your birthday wish? #foodrevparty
• kim_wakefield @FoodRevTeam I am sparking my own #foodrevparty by teaching my class about healthy food choice and eliminating poor choices in my own house
• 1000plusone Sharizat Shakminova. @FoodRevTeam also, teaching my 11 & 8 yo daughter to cook, they made me omelet the other day :)#foodrevparty
• lauren_015 @FoodRevTeam I never let convenience control my food choices. If it's something I truly want, I make it myself. #FoodRevParty
• OutoftheBoxFood Kim gerber. District agreed to give us 1 wk w/no choc milk. if kids drink the white, district will take choc away for good @jamieoliver #foodrevparty
• 1000plusone Sharizat Shakminova. also, growing our own lil garden for the 4th season now, buying local+seasonal and preserving for winter, too #foodrevparty
• Scatteredmom Karen Humphries. @FoodRevTeam we eat a home cooked meal together 5 days a week. #foodrevparty
• JaimeMorlin Jaime Morlin. We planted a huge garden with our girls and they are excited to eat their veggies because they are watching them grow #FoodRevParty
• foodcouple Kim Masin/Chef Ivars. #FoodRevParty @FoodRevTeam we cater from scratch, write blogs & magazine articles. Kids learn thru example in our kitchen. foodie kids:))
• myurbangen Eliza Harris. Bday wish. For the grocery nearest my home (Publix) to label the origin of all their produce. #foodrevparty
• kim_wakefield I wish that food companies would use healthier ingredients when manufacturing our country's food #foodrevparty
Next Party: Wednesday 2nd June 2011 4pm PST / 7pm EST
The Food Revolution Team
Jamie's Birthday Wish
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyone’s Revolution: Eating Well For Less
- Make A Healthy Lunch This Food Revolution Day!