Food Revolution Wins Second Series For ABCFri 03 Sep 2010
Story by Peter Berry
Chef to relocate his campaign from West Virginia to Los Angeles.
Channel 4 to air series one from September 13th.
‘Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution’ (named ‘Jamie’s American Food Revolution’ in the UK), has been given a second series by US network ABC after impressive ratings followed by an Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality Series last month.
Channel 4 will begin transmitting the 6-part first series of ‘Food Revolution’ on September 13th. Both series are co-productions between Fresh One Productions and Ryan Seacrest Productions with Zoe Collins and Roy Ackerman executive producing the series on behalf of Fresh One alongside Ryan Seacrest himself and US producers Craig Armstrong and Charles Wachter.
While series one focused on “the unhealthiest city in America”, Huntington, West Virginia, the second series is due to tackle the obesity problems in America’s second largest city, Los Angeles. Filming is due to begin later in 2010.
‘Food Revolution’,based upon Jamie’s Ministry of Food and Jamie’s School Dinners programmes in the UK, is part of Jamie Oliver’s now global campaign to improve the way people eat – a campaign which includes Ministry of Food centres in the UK and soon Australia, a Home Cooking Skills course developed for British school children but available to anyone, and continuing work on improving school food in the UK and USA.
About the author: Peter Berry is Jamie's publicist
For more information on Jamie's Food Revolution.
Watch Jamie's thoughts on winning the award.
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day