Food Revolution Wins Second Series For ABCFri 03 Sep 2010
Story by Peter Berry
Chef to relocate his campaign from West Virginia to Los Angeles.
Channel 4 to air series one from September 13th.
‘Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution’ (named ‘Jamie’s American Food Revolution’ in the UK), has been given a second series by US network ABC after impressive ratings followed by an Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality Series last month.
Channel 4 will begin transmitting the 6-part first series of ‘Food Revolution’ on September 13th. Both series are co-productions between Fresh One Productions and Ryan Seacrest Productions with Zoe Collins and Roy Ackerman executive producing the series on behalf of Fresh One alongside Ryan Seacrest himself and US producers Craig Armstrong and Charles Wachter.
While series one focused on “the unhealthiest city in America”, Huntington, West Virginia, the second series is due to tackle the obesity problems in America’s second largest city, Los Angeles. Filming is due to begin later in 2010.
‘Food Revolution’,based upon Jamie’s Ministry of Food and Jamie’s School Dinners programmes in the UK, is part of Jamie Oliver’s now global campaign to improve the way people eat – a campaign which includes Ministry of Food centres in the UK and soon Australia, a Home Cooking Skills course developed for British school children but available to anyone, and continuing work on improving school food in the UK and USA.
About the author: Peter Berry is Jamie's publicist
For more information on Jamie's Food Revolution.
Watch Jamie's thoughts on winning the award.
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013