#FoodRevThanks And GratitudeTue 26 Nov 2013
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
With November and the holidays comes reflection on thankfulness and gratitude, so this month we decided to reach out to the Food Revolution community and see what they are most thankful for this year.
Some of our favorites, shared with us by using the hashtag #FoodRevThanks, include:
“I'm thankful for the kids in my life who innocently remind me how fun life can be, with a good laugh and a hug.” - Alix Paloma | London, UK
“I’m thankful for the changing of seasons; it's like a second chance every time a new season comes.” - Kinna Poling | Buckhannon, West Virginia
“I am thankful for the chance to do what I love everyday... Share yoga with others, work toward my Holistic Nutrition degree and be a Food Revolution Ambassador. I am of course so grateful for my amazing family.” - Becky Roney Dempsey | Chattanooga, Tennessee
“I am thankful for my friends who help me learn about my food and always push me to try new recipes!” - Christina Ricci Erickson | Mundelein, Illinois
“I am so grateful for access to real fresh food and knowing the farmers who grow it!” - Joelle Gillooly | Cary, North Carolina
Also, check out some of the best tweets we received on our customized Twitter timeline here.
Of course, Thanksgiving is not just about sharing what you are thankful for; it’s also about sharing great food with the ones you love. In honor of this, we have collected some great recipes from JamieOliver.com for your Thanksgiving feast!
Why not try these out this Thanksgiving:
Jamie’s Best Whole Baked Carrots, Superb Squash Soup, and Brilliant Broccoli are all yummy and nutritious options to serve as sides with a holiday meal. The Best Turkey in the World and delicious Pumpkin Pie are some of our personal favorites! Try cooking these on your own for your holiday celebrations and let us know how it goes.
Of course, one of the things that we are so thankful for is all of our amazing community of Food Revolution Ambassadors - a group of real people who are advocating for real food change in their communities. The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) team wants to thank all of our Ambassadors who work tirelessly to make change on the ground every day. There are 788 Ambassadors in 88 countries starting Food Revolutions around the world and we want to shout out and make sure everyone knows how amazing they are. We are constantly impressed with how they are able to harness grassroots community efforts to bring lasting change in food education and food policy. THANK YOU, AMBASSADORS!
We also want to extend a big thank you to the entire Food Revolution community and all of our partner organizations for your support and for working effortlessly this year to bring real food change to your local communities. We couldn’t do this without you!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day
- TEDxManhattan "Changing The Way We Eat"