#FoodRevThanks And GratitudeTue 26 Nov 2013
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
With November and the holidays comes reflection on thankfulness and gratitude, so this month we decided to reach out to the Food Revolution community and see what they are most thankful for this year.
Some of our favorites, shared with us by using the hashtag #FoodRevThanks, include:
“I'm thankful for the kids in my life who innocently remind me how fun life can be, with a good laugh and a hug.” - Alix Paloma | London, UK
“I’m thankful for the changing of seasons; it's like a second chance every time a new season comes.” - Kinna Poling | Buckhannon, West Virginia
“I am thankful for the chance to do what I love everyday... Share yoga with others, work toward my Holistic Nutrition degree and be a Food Revolution Ambassador. I am of course so grateful for my amazing family.” - Becky Roney Dempsey | Chattanooga, Tennessee
“I am thankful for my friends who help me learn about my food and always push me to try new recipes!” - Christina Ricci Erickson | Mundelein, Illinois
“I am so grateful for access to real fresh food and knowing the farmers who grow it!” - Joelle Gillooly | Cary, North Carolina
Also, check out some of the best tweets we received on our customized Twitter timeline here.
Of course, Thanksgiving is not just about sharing what you are thankful for; it’s also about sharing great food with the ones you love. In honor of this, we have collected some great recipes from JamieOliver.com for your Thanksgiving feast!
Why not try these out this Thanksgiving:
Jamie’s Best Whole Baked Carrots, Superb Squash Soup, and Brilliant Broccoli are all yummy and nutritious options to serve as sides with a holiday meal. The Best Turkey in the World and delicious Pumpkin Pie are some of our personal favorites! Try cooking these on your own for your holiday celebrations and let us know how it goes.
Of course, one of the things that we are so thankful for is all of our amazing community of Food Revolution Ambassadors - a group of real people who are advocating for real food change in their communities. The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) team wants to thank all of our Ambassadors who work tirelessly to make change on the ground every day. There are 788 Ambassadors in 88 countries starting Food Revolutions around the world and we want to shout out and make sure everyone knows how amazing they are. We are constantly impressed with how they are able to harness grassroots community efforts to bring lasting change in food education and food policy. THANK YOU, AMBASSADORS!
We also want to extend a big thank you to the entire Food Revolution community and all of our partner organizations for your support and for working effortlessly this year to bring real food change to your local communities. We couldn’t do this without you!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table